PDA

View Full Version : East Coast Gathering - From David McKnight

kj
12-11-2002, 07:29 PM
Posting this message to y'all from David McKnight. He is still unable to access this forum directly, but you can contact him by email at David.McKnight@sca.com. Here goes ...

Hello,

In the past there have been several "Friendship Seminars" held at various places around the country. The purpose of these gatherings was to promote unity and understanding within the Wing Chun community. A similar type of gathering was held in New York City in January 200 with a small group of members of various lineage's attending. I would like to know who may be interested in doing another type of gathering. This would be open to anyone with an interest in, or experience with, Wing Chun. There would be an opportunity to meet new people and make friends. I would caution everyone to keep in mind that this is in no way a means of promoting one method as the best and or only approach to Wing Chun. Rather it would be a chance to eliminate some of the perceived barriers and misconceptions held about the art and those that practice it. It is my hope that those attending would leave with more knowledge and a better understanding of the art we all seem to enjoy.

If anyone is interested in doing something like this then please contact me so we can discuss this in greater detail. I would like to suggest that we try to do something that would coincide with Chinese New Year, which is February 1st. This is a Saturday and would allow us all to bring in a New Year and dedicate it to fostering good will and unity in the Wing Chun family. It also allows us a little bit of time to work out the details to make this a success.

Let me know what you think.

Thank you,

David Mcknight