PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix Eye fist in CLF?

yutyeesam
12-12-2002, 03:05 PM
I saw in Doc Fai Wong's CLF book that one of the CLF fists is a Phoenix Eye fist. I haven't learned any form with this. What forms have it? Any forms in the LKH lineage have it?

Thanks,

Fu-Pow
12-12-2002, 03:20 PM
There aren't any LKH forms that I know that have the phoenix eye.

However, the shape of the fist is not as crucial to the application as you might first think.

The shape of the fist represents a stylistic difference more than a substantial difference.

So some branches of CLF might incorporate a phoenix eye fist.

monk weed
12-12-2002, 04:01 PM
I've seen pictures of clf practitioners using a simular fist only with the middle finger second knuckle out instead of the index finger. So far I have only learned forms with the standard clf fists. It will be interesting to see what else exists in the system.

JAZA
12-12-2002, 05:20 PM
MW:
This is the Ginger Fist.

monk weed
12-12-2002, 08:35 PM
Jaza;

does this fist exist in any of the forms you know? If so what is it used for? I imagine that it is a pressure point strike. Any reason why the the fist is formed that way insted of like a phoenix eye? Sorry to be a pain in the arse with all the questions but I thought you might know.

David
12-13-2002, 08:19 AM
jaza, your gingerfist is our chicken heart fist. Our ginger fist is like this: -

http://www.hakkatonglong.info/ginger1.jpg

http://www.hakkatonglong.info/ginger2.jpg

:-)

-David

JAZA
12-13-2002, 08:50 AM
In clfma.com in the master series Master Chen shows the CLF ginger fists.

Ego_Extrodinaire
12-16-2002, 06:30 AM
People,

It must be a great topic foi debate. Should you or should you not have pheonix eye fist in your forms. Perhaps only certain techniques work with pheonix eye fist but not with leapord paws. Other techniques require quite a specific hand configuration known as a tiger claw as opposed to a dragon claw or anyother claw that has not been given a name.

Why must you debate on such trivality? Perhaps it is because you are learning a trivial style. That should be the topic for debate.