Kuk Zaat Pi Zow?

Fun Sao?

Heung He?

Fu He?

Jaat He?

Jit ?

Laam Chui?

Gaam Jin?

Deng Geuk? (BTW, in LKH lineage what is the main kick?, I thought it was a front snap kick, however, Chan Yong Fa shows mainly kicks with the ball of the foot aka nail kick?)

Also what is the name of the move where you basically Faan Jong but with an open palm, kind of spear hand I guess.

Sorry, so many questions but here's another:

There are several palm techniques which seem very similar:

Cum Jeung (cover palm)

Yum Jeung (down palm)

Chaan Jeung ( horizontal palm straight out)

How do you guys differentiate?

extrajoseph
12-12-2002, 07:07 PM
My two cents worth:

(B)Pien Saan? (Turn body or something?)
A: To stand with body side on.

Kuk Zaat Pi Zow?
Don't know, can't work out the Cantonese..

Fun Sao?
Strike from opposite direction of a Sao.

Heung He?
Don't know.

Fu He?
Don't know.

Jaat He?
Don't know.

Jit ?
A: To intercept or to check.

Laam Chui?
A: To strike horizontally as though about to embrass a person.

Gaam Jin?
A: Golder sissors, blocking or striking with arms crossed.

Deng Geuk? (BTW, in LKH lineage what is the main kick?, I thought it was a front snap kick, however, Chan Yong Fa shows mainly kicks with the ball of the foot aka nail kick?)
A: Deng means to push forward, so any thrust kicks can be a deng geuk, you can do it with the ball, the heel or the side of the foot.

Also what is the name of the move where you basically Faan Jong but with an open palm, kind of spear hand I guess.
A: Faan Jeung or Pow Jeung.

Sorry, so many questions but here's another:

There are several palm techniques which seem very similar:

Cum Jeung (cover palm)
A: Strike downward with palm with force.

Yum Jeung (down palm)
A: Block with internal force. Softer and more yin than a Cum Jeung.

Chaan Jeung ( horizontal palm straight out)
A: To thrust forward with the side of your palm. Same idea to a Chaan Geuk with the side of your foot.

Hope this helps.

CLFNole
12-12-2002, 07:15 PM
My 2 cents on some of the others:

Kuk Sut Pi Sow: Bend knees double cutting hand

Jaht Hay: Jump

Fu Hay: Tiger opens up (or outward)

Fun Sow: Breaking apart hands

XJoe's translations are better than mine.

Peace.

JAZA
12-12-2002, 08:08 PM
My 0,1 cents

Nail Kick is with the toe to the throat, not with the ball.

monk weed
12-12-2002, 08:44 PM
Im currently working on a form with alot of palm techniques. does any one know what you might call the following
1. a sow choi like move with an open palm
2. chinsi choi like move with an open palm
3. bui jong like move with the open palm.

I'd ask my sifu but he is currently in hong kong and I wanted to get in on this topic.

extrajoseph
12-13-2002, 01:29 AM
Another two cents worth:

Deng Tui is done with the heel of the foot, Diang (Nail) Tui is done with the ball of the foot, you can't do it with the toe, it would break the toe off on impact (but to the throat it is OK with the toe). Chaan Tui is done with the side of the foot and Chab Tui is done with the sole of the foot.

MW:
1) Paak Jeung
2) Yum or Yeung Chap Ji
3) Bil Ji

JAZA
12-13-2002, 06:58 AM
thanks extrajoseph, I've only did it to a pad with the front part of the feet.
I was confusing the ball of the feet with the heel in the previous posts.
Here is a Mster Garcia draw
http://planeta.clix.pt/kungfuaclfp/images/hex28.gif

Fu-Pow
12-13-2002, 11:00 AM
Thanks XJoe and CLFNole-

Here's some more questions for CLF Nole mainly:

Oh...BTW....should read Fun Sau not Fun Sao.

What is the application for Pi Sau vs. Fun Sau?

I've noticed that LKH like the Pi Sau move where as DFW like to use the Fun Sao movement more often.

Also, in the combination Diu Ma Chun La- Chaap Chui-Te Geuk-Pol Chui what are the the hands doing during the kick? Is it basically Fun Sau?

Also, is there any difference between Daan Lahn and Sa Sau. For example at beginning of Siu Mui Fa..... Kau Ma Sa Sau.

RAIN
12-13-2002, 01:25 PM
fu pow

i believe that the movement looks like fang jong choy but you use a palm like a spear is called " lao jerng " and means " excaving palm " . is the same that appears in siu muy fah and tuet jin kuen execute in loq kwai ma stance .

monk weed
12-13-2002, 05:13 PM
Thanks Xjoseph....

CLFNole
12-13-2002, 07:39 PM
Fu-Pow:

The Pi Sow technique you are referring to from plum flower or any other that uses the combo you are speaking about, the hand blocks and the kick is to the groin or under the throat. Although done with 2 hands at the same time in a real situation only one hand would likely block.

Fun Sow as we use the term is also seen in plum flower. After the elbow (pi jahng) and groin palm (yum jeurng). The next technique that follows with the two hands separating is fun sow. This is also seen in Ng Ying Kuen after the sow girk buy ma chum kiu in the beginning.

Rain:

Lao Jerng is not really a spearing palm strike but more of a slapping palm coming upward from low to high like hitting the groin.

Peace.

BearBear
12-13-2002, 11:47 PM
Hi.

Just wonder if anyone can tell me the name of the form which master lee koon hung demonstrates in his booklet called dragon fan and "fundamental fist form" .. what is the name chinese and english of this "fundamental fist form"?

thank you

BB

Fu-Pow
12-14-2002, 02:44 AM
It is a shortened version of the form Ng Lun Chui (5 wheel fist) which in our lineage is referred to as Che Kuen. I don't know the translation of Che Kuen.

BearBear
12-14-2002, 06:22 AM
Fu Pow

Thanks heaps..

i am not clf clan .. but i got this as a gift many years ago .. always wondered... my friend got doc fai wong book with 5 wheel fist so i'll have a look, to see how shortend/what took out..

che kuen .. thanks

buk sing and hung sings 5 wheel fist are different .. DONT anybody start some bs of which is better/correct version ... i just wanna know are they "very" different ..

anyways .. thanks fupow

BB

monk weed
12-14-2002, 07:20 AM
I have seen Doc Fai Wong (acually one of his students) demonstrate two different versions of the 5 wheel fist. One call ng lun kuen and one called Hung sing long fist. I don't know if the hung sing long fist is a form in itself but both are used to train body extention when executing punchs and shifting stances. They may be two different forms all together but it is clear that their intent is the same. I also have the lee koon hung book of his fundamental form and it kinda resemble the hung sing form of DFW and I've never seen anything in the Buk sing lineage although I was told that they don't have one. That may be in only in some schools.

BearBear
12-14-2002, 08:48 AM
opps i was mistaking lee koon hung as being bak sing ,, so compare che chuan to dfw;s 5 fist..

interesting about the 2 forms

and i just realies
LKH is hung sing rite?

anyways thanks for the info.

nospam
12-14-2002, 11:43 AM
Yes ladies & gentlemen, there is no one prescribed curriculum in Bak Hsing CLF. As in Hung Hsing CLF - although this branch focuses more on patterns or at least has an amazing number of sets at their disposal if one is so inclined and/or instructed - the curriculum is dependant on lineage; and as in any MA style, the history and experiences and 'time' of one's Teacher.

So when comparing Hung Hsing to Bak Hsing CLF...it can be a very, very different feel. Even though Bak Hsing is a smaller branch of CLF, there is great variety in the gung fu taught under its roof.

nospam.
:cool: