PDA

View Full Version : Brazilian jiu jitsu books

Hombrediablo2
12-12-2002, 08:00 PM
Im going to but a BJJ book there are three that ive seen Machado BJJ, Renzo and Royler, and Royce and Caeser Gracie have any of you read these and if so which is the best? thanks .

LEGEND
12-15-2002, 08:37 PM
Renzo and Royler are nice.
IGNORE Royce book.

yenhoi
12-15-2002, 10:17 PM
Ditto LEGEND.

I have some other BJJ books and many other grappling, chin na, and ground-fighting texts, If you are interested I can maybe list them when I get home.

Hombrediablo2
12-16-2002, 03:51 PM
Thanks for the feed back I thought the Renzo Royler book looked better also, I got to use some jiu jitsu at work on Saturday I ended up chasing a shoplifter onto Ramble wood and University Drive into this giant intersection. (Thats in Ft. Lauderdale Florida)
when I finally caught up to him ( after jumping fences and dodging cars ) he got tired of running and stopped faced me and took a swing I ducked and slammed him onto the concrete in the middle of the street face first all I heard was the screeching of tires stopping all around me and the local police department arrived ( during the chase I managed to call the police on my cell phone ). Anyway the guy landed on the floor face first and tried getting up so I got the rear naked choke on him neutralizing him quickly. I guess Jiu jitsu does work on the street...thanks again

Dark Knight
12-18-2002, 11:16 AM
Go to www.mma.tv and buy the fighters notebook.