PDA

View Full Version : James Lacy, Gary Heartfield -Pak Mei?????

wisdom mind
08-03-2000, 09:37 PM
...thanks

[This message has been edited by wisdom mind (edited 08-14-2000).]

billy_pilgrim
08-04-2000, 12:06 AM
wisdom_mind,

Does Lacy know White Eyebrow? Not that I know of. Keep in mind, he doesn't really know White Tiger either, but that hasn't stopped him from producing scores of videos on the subject. They might be worth purchasing for comic relief only, but if you have that much extra cash to throw away let me know and I'll email you a PO Box so you can send some my way /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

wisdom mind
08-04-2000, 12:38 AM
LOL LOL

No extra cash at this time for ya.

[This message has been edited by wisdom mind (edited 08-14-2000).]

Fubokuen
08-04-2000, 09:49 AM
Lacy knows no Bak Mei. He has some bootlegs of student home movies and builds his ridiculous "5-Elder" curriculum from there. He says they were all crime lords and(being a criminal himself) he is heir to all their criminal arts.

Bastet
08-08-2000, 10:49 AM
Wisdom mind

Are you refering to Sifu Garry Hearfield?

My Sifu trained as the closed door disciple under the late Master Leung Cheung of Yau Kung Mun style for 16 years. He has been teaching YKM for the last 8 years.

He has been to Southern China many times, studying with various teachers of Pak Mei and Yau Kung Mun (the styles are very similar, same hand forms etc). He is also close friends with many Pak Mei Sifus here in Australia.

Sifu did purchase some videos of the Pak Mei system from Lacy in which Grandmaster Doo Wai was performing.

My Sifu does not claim to represent Pak Mei in any way (as is stated on Lacys web page) , he is dedicated to Yau Kung Mun. Sifu has not done anything for Lacy and the videos Lacy is bringing out have nothing to do with him. I would be interested to know where you got this idea.... http://216.219.234.88/forum/roundtable/confused.gif

Did you ask your Sifu about Lacy and Sifu Garry Hearfield? What was the response?

I would be happy to answer any questions.....

LION
08-08-2000, 07:16 PM

[This message has been edited by LION (edited 08-14-2000).]

Fubokuen
08-09-2000, 01:41 AM
People- The DEMO tapes of the Bak Mei system are totally inauthentic examples meant for Pai members ONLY. Jim Lacy STOLE these tapes(along with his ridiculous "curriculum") and wholesales them under amazing pretenses. His BOOTLEG material is in no way endorsed by the Bak Fu Pai or GM Doo Wai. Lacy is basically on his way back to prison over all this and his OUTRAGEOUS boasts are merely a sign of his depravity. Why ANYONE would go behind the back of the system to purchase unauthorized bootlegs is beyond my comprehension.
Wake up y'all... do you really believe that there' an authentic "Mew Hing's White Tiger Bak Mei"? I mean...C'mon!

Bastet
08-09-2000, 10:34 AM
Fubokuen -
Sifu Hearfield bought the videos from Lacy to see just what he had and whether it was the same Pak Mei that he knew.

Lion/Wisdom mind -
As far as I know, Sifu is on Lacys website because he subscrbed to his journals for a while, and had to send Lacy photos as part of the deal.

Lacy knows Pak Mei - as much as you can know from videos etc anyway. It might not be the "pure strain" but then ive heard that a lot of Pak Mei isn't anyway.

Lacy is a businessman pure and simple. You might not like his methods and he may not be "authentic" but there are enough people out there who want what he has, enough to keep him in $$$. Because he has no ties to a Sifu (I assume), he doesnt adhere to the traditional ways of the systems. As he states on his website "We would like to announce off the top that we are independent of Jung Shee Doo Wai and his Bak Fu Pai (White Tiger System) Association." You cant really apply a systems ideals to someone who claims complete independence.

Just my 2 cents worth...
anyways, ive gotta get back to work (no rest for the wicked /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Fubokuen
08-09-2000, 03:15 PM
"Lacy knows Pak Mei - as much as you can know from videos etc anyway. It might not be the "pure strain" but then ive heard that a lot of Pak Mei isn't anyway."

come on guys, don't give this charlatan an even break. You cannot "know Bak Mei" by stealing some demos and selling them. The demos of GM Doo aren't "real" Bak Mei, but demos for Pai members. Lacy is a dolt and absolutely brutalizes whatever he thinks he has learned from these sadly homeade videos. This is not Bak Mei and anything is better. People should not buy his illegal bootlegs and expect to be recognized by any legit organization. What a waste of their time...

MoQ
08-10-2000, 12:43 PM
/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

[This message has been edited by MoQ (edited 08-14-2000).]

BabyDoc
08-11-2000, 06:59 AM
Hey Guys,

I'm new to this forum and was checking out this thread on James Lacy. I see his ads all of the time and have checked out his website. Who exactly is he? and What did he go to prison for? I'm just curious and always appreciate the heads up on frauds and fakes.

Peace,
BabyDoc