PDA

View Full Version : Morning training and diet.

Mr Punch
12-13-2002, 01:20 AM
Now I'm really busy, so I only get the chance to train in the morning before work.

I'm training for tone, but mainly strength and speed, so I'm concerned with eating the right stuff (a light carb-based meal before, and protein and fructose product after).

1) How do you morning guys arrange your pre-training eating time without getting up at really stupid times?

2) And what do you eat?

3) Is there anything (complex carb-wise?) that you could eat the night before that'd still give you fuel for the morning, so you don't have to eat before the workout?

4) What do recommend for just before?

BTW I try to keep processed foods to a minimum and take only evening primrose as a supplement.

Also posted on the main forum.

Thanks in advance.

Ford Prefect
12-13-2002, 10:20 AM
1) I get up at 6am and eat a couple bowls a cereal, a meal shake w/glutamine & creatine, a glass of milk, a tablespoon of flaxseed oil, and 1,000 mg of vitamin C.

2) Get in gym by 7 and warm-up and workout.

3) Immediately after workout I have a meal shake w/creatine & glutamine, and another 1,000 mg of vitamin C.

4) When I get to work I have a protein shake and a tablespoon of flaxseed oil.

5) 3 hours after I had finished my workout, I have 4 hardboiled eggs and a protein shake. I'll throw in a glass of AJ to keep my blood sugar level raised and the insulin pumping.

I wouldn't eat anything with a lot fo carbs before bed. This will most likely just be stored as fat. A half hour before bed I have a protein shake and some vitamin c. In the morning before a workout, just don't eat anything heavy.

Edit: BTW, never sneeze while chewing an egg white. It doesn't make you any friends.

yenhoi
12-13-2002, 10:27 AM
I used to train for a couple hours in the morning everyday for a few months.

Wakeup, shower, big meal shake, stretch, train, big meal shake, rest of day, repeat. It was easy.

SevenStar
12-13-2002, 10:37 AM
what if you sneeze with egg yolk in your mouth?

Ford Prefect
12-13-2002, 11:00 AM
People like that and will most likely be attracted to you. duh.

Kempo Guy
12-13-2002, 05:33 PM
Mat,

Fwiw, all I used to do prior to my morning workout was to drink 16 oz. of water about 15 minutes before the workout. I'd drink a MRP shake within 30-minutes after the workout... seemed to work for me. Btw, my workouts were primarily cardio driven (along with some bodyweight exercises) and only lasted about 30 - 45 minutes. I also used to take multivitamins (combination of about 5 or 6 different pills) before going to bed.

KG

Mr Punch
12-14-2002, 03:38 AM
Cheers for the answers.

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. I have always trained in the morning, but now I'm wanting a bit more tone, so my emphasis has changed, hence the problem.

So everyone's recommending 'meal shakes'. Is there no alternative from the real food world?!

Ford, what's the flaxseed for? And do you get better results from your sneezing with flaxseed?!:D

SevenStar
12-14-2002, 03:11 PM
flaxseed is rich in omega 3's and has several other health benefits - it's a natrual laxatixe. it also may slow the growth of prostate tumors.

as far as tone, remember that strength and tone are really one and the same, when you strength train properly.