PDA

View Full Version : Ilya Profatilov's Trip to China

Kravmantis
12-14-2002, 12:18 PM
Here in a link to a nice and interesting synopsis of Sifu Ilya Profatilov's recent trip to china:

http://mantisboxing.msk.ru/news_eng.html

Stacey
12-16-2002, 08:29 PM
What I love about Shifu Illya Protavilov.

No pretense. He's just hanging out with these kung fu guys in China. Chillin in the village.

Three of four guys hanging out in Northern China in the cold, practicing and taking records of old manuals. Its cool. His web sites and article in JAMA are always informative. It gives me a look into the lives of these old mantis masters. In the cold ****e hole of Yen Tai might as well be in Iowa or New England in the winter, but what makes it great are these guys practicing kung fu with their 30 layers of clothing.

These guys practice the same way I do. No kung fu theatre. Its neat to see the similarity in lifestyle.

I love the track suits they wear...no seriously. All of us geeks in the US wear these **** frog buttons. They don't do that in China or Taiwan. Pretty silly really. Sure they can look cool, but track suits kick ass.

Shifu Illyas new disciple Boris looks and dresses like Eminem. I'm glad. I'm sick of white guys trying to act chinese. Its about as good as american karate guys yelling "OSU"