PDA

View Full Version : A game for the "River City Ransom" fans

SevenStar
12-15-2002, 11:49 PM
It's not river city ransom :( but you can tell it was made by a fan.

river city hacky sack (http://www.somethingawful.com/rchs/)

rubthebuddha
12-16-2002, 12:00 AM
not quite "the stuff," but it's pretty darn close to "the stuff." thanks buddy. :)

GunnedDownAtrocity
12-16-2002, 03:31 AM
im glad im not the only one here who remembers river city ransom. man ... that had to be the best game made for the nes. i believe it was the first platform fighting game too. though renegade came out around the same time .. . bah maybe im wrong, but i know it was one of the first.

apoweyn
12-16-2002, 09:07 AM
one of the best games ever. enough said.

Stacey
12-16-2002, 09:12 AM
I found that dragon kick was the only thing you needed...the supe throwing one kinda sucked
....However getting the garbage can lid and hitting them 10 times in a second was the coolest thing ever.

how bout that sauna?

Former castleva
12-16-2002, 11:49 AM
Awesome it was.Once played it at friend´s and later as rom but could not get trough...
The game just gets stuck when I reach a certain building,there´s nowhere to go.
I wonder if I´d have to use "difficult" level.
LOL,I cannot believe I´m asking this stuff here. :D

There are various hacks around for those seriously interested btw.

Anyone played River City Ransom 2? I don´t think they ever released it outside of Japan.There used to be a rom out for it (on japanese though,it´s very hard to play since it includes a lot of talking) There was a translation patch but could not make it work too well.

rubthebuddha
12-16-2002, 12:12 PM
not sure anything can ever top the original zelda, but river city ransom was indeed the shît. what other game can you read comics and eat hamburgers and get stronger?

Cipher
12-16-2002, 12:32 PM
Oh man, river city was one of my favorite games. I played part 2 with the translation patch and it was fun too. Not as good as the original but good.

GunnedDownAtrocity
12-16-2002, 01:59 PM
do you still have the rom and patch?

if so ill host it and share with everyone here. if not ill try to get motivated enough to try and find it.

ill put up part one tonight or tomorrow regardless.

SevenStar
12-16-2002, 07:10 PM
Yeah, that game was the best. I still play it. Dragon feet was really all you needed, but acro circus and fatal steps were just plain cool. And for some reason, I loved picking up rocks and popping guys in the back of the head with them. I thought the concept of eating to raise your attributes was great.

apoweyn
12-17-2002, 08:18 AM
i avoided dragon feet because it made that sharp-looking flying sidekick impossible to do. you just did that quick jabbing flying sidekick instead. and i liked to stick 'em.

the acro was cool though. and the rapid-fire punch thing. (can't remember what it was called.)

bustin' people in the back of the head with rocks was what made that game fun though. lots of games let you punch and kick people. it was getting to use the environmental stuff that rocked. (well, and the fact that they sort of went bug eyed and stuck their tongues out when you hit them with a rock)

great game. wish i had an old nintendo system.

stuart b.

SevenStar
12-17-2002, 12:06 PM
yeah, the use of your environs was great. you could jump on the bike racks and other background objects. The hand tech was called stone hands.

Am I the only one here who still actually has the game?

Former castleva
12-17-2002, 12:44 PM
I have played it as a rom not too long ago (It was also known by the name "Street Gangs")
An yeah,old entertaiment famicom would be neat. ;)

GDA,
I do not have it anymore.
I used to have the patch and the proper game (the patch was supposed to translate some 98-99% of the game) but it was quite horrid to support that statement.
If you got working links to those sites which have them,then it would be nice if you´d release them.

GunnedDownAtrocity
12-18-2002, 06:50 AM
i completely forgot about it . .. it's 9am and im just heading to bed, but ill try to remember tonight

SevenStar
12-19-2002, 12:11 AM
don't forget