PDA

View Full Version : FT's YAUKUNGMUN video review!

sing fu
12-16-2002, 05:10 AM
Just got the YKM video - anyway, FT asked if I would let people know what I thought of the video, so here goes!

One of the biggest strengths the video has is that it covers much of the YKM foundations (stance-work, strikes, kicks etc) from several important levels - the video starts off with lots of carefully detailed YKM basics, then goes on later to include lots of partner training (including basics against a decent range of attacks and combinations in different ranges). There's LOTS of traditional conditioning specific to YKM practice, and Ging development for YKM is also explained and demonstrated clearly.

I hadn't seen much YKM until the video (although FT has a lot of clips on the YKM website), but was in for a surprise with YKM's upright, mobile stance, fast hands/body weapons, and ging power. The authors demonstrate plenty of realistic applications of bridging, limb destructions, YKM chin-na seizes, throws and locks used to dissipate strikes, kicks and grabs. A section of the video is devoted to YKM vital points/angles and body weapons shown in the video.

YKM's first form, Ly Jik Bo is also detailed from several angles, and features most of the basic strikes, footwork and movement introduced earlier in the tape. YKM full-contact free-sparring by the two authors of the video is also introduced.

Towards the end of the video, a preview of YKM weapons is included - a strong traditional weapons demonstration. Single broadsword, spear, staff, spear vs. twin broadswords, three sectional staff, kwando etc are shown, many not featured on the YKM website.

I have to say that the part of the video I liked best was the very last section - nice work FT! - but you'll have to get the video to see what I mean!! :D

All in all it's a pretty meaty video, and about two hours long - couldn't find much fat on it at all - basics, combinations, forms, stretching plus the often hidden conditioning, vital points, and previews to sparring and weapons. Check it out - PLENTY of bang for you buck.

MonkeySlap Too
12-16-2002, 11:02 AM
So where does one find this wonderful piece of cinema?

Stacey
12-16-2002, 02:37 PM
here. www.8step.com

look at holiday special

fiercest tiger
12-16-2002, 03:06 PM
On my website www.yaukungmun.com.au

stacey, you wont find anything decent on the 8step.com hahahaha just kidding.

FT:)

Stacey
12-16-2002, 03:08 PM
your right...no hot chicks

actually the guy who made this forum designed the site. still.......no hot chicks.

www.uh-oh.com <------hot chicks

MonkeySlap Too
12-16-2002, 03:18 PM
FT - thanks.

fiercest tiger
12-16-2002, 08:47 PM
:)