PDA

View Full Version : OT:ok who saw the end of "the clone"? (spanish soap X P )

NorthernMantis
12-16-2002, 11:31 AM
I KNOW some of you guys either are spanish or have hispanic wives so I'm definitely sure you saw it in one form or another.

Ok I know what you are thinking why in the world are you watching this stuff girly boy?

Cuz one day I passing by the t.v. and there was mention of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (it's a Brazilian soap that hit the spanish channels in the US a while back), however there were few,if any, martial arts to be seen. Only saw something like capoeira but it was mediocre. Evnetually I just got sucked into the thing because the story was so good and different cultures it portrays.

To sum it up it's a bout a a scinetist who makes a clone of a deceased twin in Brazil but the show was more directed towards the relationship of the Brazilian culture and the Arabic cultures of the east as appearantly the scientist's family was friends with another family in Morroco.Put in a fair Muslim maiden who comes from a strict Islamic background into the mix combined with the appearance of a dead mans clone (who has a twin) ,cheating and love and bam you have an original story.

Felipe I know you had to see this since it came out in Brazil a long time ago. Man when it comes to soaps you guys know how to tell a story.

JAZA
12-16-2002, 11:35 AM
LOL, We are in a globalized world

My mother is seeing The Clon right now!!

monk weed
12-16-2002, 11:39 AM
I saw the "telenovela" and I have no hispanic connection I just think Brazilian girls are the hottest on the planet. Surprisingly I watched just about every "capitulo" or episode and like most of these shows I was disappointed with the ending.

Xebsball
12-16-2002, 11:43 AM
Since its originally brazilian, its not hispanic you know :D

I saw some of it, soap operas mostly bore me, either that or im on the net while their on. I liked one that had some indians and lotsa hotties, that one i watched.

On the Clone, two of the charactors did bjj in that soap opera.
One of those went on to teach to a sheik (spell?) on some country at the end of it.

NorthernMantis
12-16-2002, 12:04 PM
Uga Uga was the one with the indians and the hot chics.:D It showed capoeira also. I don't like to watch soaps either (cuz they really are boring and stupid) but this one just really caught my attention.

Monk weed--I thought it had a pretty good ending. Except the flying horse relaly bugged me since the whoe thing was supposed was supposed to be non-fictional.

NorthernMantis
12-16-2002, 12:15 PM
WHere you located at Jaza?

Xebsball
12-16-2002, 12:31 PM
exactly! Uga Uga it was :D

dezhen2001
12-16-2002, 01:36 PM
from an outsiders point of view (as someone who has NO idea what ur all on about) this thread sounds REALLY crazy... UgaUga :D

dawood

fa_jing
12-16-2002, 01:45 PM
We tried to watch "El Clon" because it has a Shakira song (my wife is from Colombia) but it was far too boring. OTOH, "Uga Uga" was the alltime best telenovela we've ever seen. The story was actually really interesting, their were great jokes, beautiful chicks, original drama (rare for a telenovela), intrigue, surprises, action etc. I doubt there will be another like it for a long time.

2nd best: Betty La Fea
3rd place: Xica da Silva

There was another one from Mexico that I liked, but I can't remember it now.
"Amantes en el Desierto" was pretty good, especially at the end.

"Pedro El Escamoso" was good for a while, but became extremely boring as it hit that "let's stretch this out for a million episodes" thing

Speaking of MA, there was one called "Vale Todo" kind of interesting, mostly not.

Mostly, telenovelas are a boring waste of time, but, they still crush soap operas from the US. At least telenovelas have the decency to end themselves.

PS - NorthernMantis - Felipe's from the Dominican Republic

monk weed
12-16-2002, 03:28 PM
northernmantis
I thought the ending was o.k. but I just felt they tried to bunch everthing together and it seemed rushed, kinda. Fa jing has good picks there with betty la fea and xica. There was some serious puttie in betty and xica was great when they forgot to edit out some of the nudity.

NorthernMantis
12-16-2002, 11:20 PM
lol fa_jing I always mistake Felipe for Xebs I have no clue why.lol @ vale todo .

dezhen where talkinga bout sopas form other countries. Ug Uga (hmm another one from Brazil) was your Brzilian version of Tarzan with hot chics.:D

Has anyone seen that one telenovela that about to come out with some chic in a skimpy outfit that boxes/nhb? I think it oculd be nhb since I saw some sort of cage. heh by looking her you cna tell she's not a fighter but sitll it seems interesting.

fa_jing
12-17-2002, 10:19 AM
OK, I think I am the resident expert on spanish-language soaps because my wife has them on all of the time. The one with the boxer chick is the latest big soap. But the premise is really off-the wall - the main guy leaves his bride-to-be at the altar for someone else, and the stiffed novia drops dead. Her spirit then inhabits the body of the unconscious boxer-chick, who presumable will take revenge on the guy. We aren't watching this one, but it does feature the winners of the "protagonistas de la Novela" competition, which was a pretty interesting reality show.

But seriously, the best Spanish-language show is "Laura en America" It has all of the best elements of Jerry Springer, Cheaters, Oprah, and Judge Judy

And if you want to check out some booty, "Caliente" (a hispanic "Soul Train") is far better than any of the soaps. Saturday's at about 1:00 pm on Univision. I've had to restrict my viewing of that one for sanity's sake. Like my friend said when I showed it to him: "hmm. This is one of those shows you would rather be watching alone, with a box of tissues." :eek: :D

JAZA
12-17-2002, 04:42 PM
I'm from the south world.
Never think we are getting far with our funny trash :D

NorthernMantis
12-28-2002, 10:32 AM
lol Laura overdoes it sometimes but man you have to wonder how people cheat on 4 women,which all have kids, and not even get caught?

IronFist
12-28-2002, 12:38 PM
Foreign soaps often have hot chicks in them.

:D

IronFist

monk weed
12-28-2002, 12:49 PM
I always thought that laura in america was too contrived, all of the poor saps caught on video always seem to be in the same place and in the same dank room with boarded windows. Caliente is by far the best show on tv, in fact I have a logon account with univision so I can see all the video clips of "chica caliente" anytime I want...... ah....think I'll stop over there now!

JAZA
12-28-2002, 02:16 PM
She paid poor people to make that crap( That was obvious :))
That Laura is on prision now in Peru, because she was the lover of the lord of corruption, Vladimiro Montesinos, in the Goverment of Japanese Fujimori.
Just wonder if Fujimori practices any japanese M.A. or may be he have closer links with the Yakuza.
O Clone was brazilian, portuguese not spanish parlant. If you want to see the most attractive girls (white and brown sugar) of the world take a trip to Rio, just take care of the travestis and the mixes ( They do BJJ). :D

Xebsball
12-28-2002, 08:37 PM
lol :D some travestis look really like women, scary!!

Felipe Bido
01-02-2003, 10:20 PM
I was at the beach in one occasion, when they were filming a "Caliente" episode in the DR...

I almost cried...so many hotties...and I couldn't touch them! :mad:

FatherDog
01-03-2003, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Xebsball
lol :D some travestis look really like women, scary!!

http://www.b3ta.com/femaleorshemale/

IronFist
01-03-2003, 11:32 AM
Hmm, I hope you guys are kidding, I almost got 100% on that quiz the first time I took it.

And the error I made was thinking a chick was really a guy, so I'm safe (knock on wood). It's better than erroring the other way!

But, then again, I'm in America, and we've been taught to tell the difference between real chicks and chicks who are really men from talkshows with subjects like "Can you pick which 2 of these 9 girls were born women?"

IronFist

NorthernMantis
01-03-2003, 05:16 PM
Royce would choke out the travestis:D

Xebsball
01-03-2003, 05:45 PM
and they wonder why the **** references towards them (bjj playas that is) :D