PDA

View Full Version : Wingchun in Atlanta, GA ?

WCnovice
12-16-2002, 10:02 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm new in Atlanta, GA and would like to find a place to practice WC. Does anyone know any school/studio in this area beside the ones run by Francis Fong and Jim Lau. I asked the same question in www.wingchunkuen.com and got few replies. Also, I found the names Wah Lun Syn and Cecil Siao Pao from some kind of Internet's martial arts directory in GA, but their phone numbers are not up-to-date. Are they still teaching? and their contact info?
Please help. Thanks in advance.

hunt1
12-16-2002, 10:53 PM
You are in a great town for WC. I suggest Richard Chen if you can find him.He was teaching out of Dave Youngs school a few years ago.Not sure where he is now. Ku Sifu the Hop Gar GM may know they are friends and shared a school for 15 years or so. Richard is Jason Laus older brother .He learned from Jiu Wan in HK and then became one of Moy Yats first disciples in the early 70s. He has an incredible store of WC knowledge. Cecil was/is a very scary fighter. He was a student of Jason Laus and also studied with Moy Yat. I believe Richard gave him his intro to Moy Yat.

You wont go wrong with Richard if you can find him. Francis Fong was also a friend and could direct you as well.