PDA

View Full Version : Shut down miramax unless they give Hero it's full rights of production.

gui_zuozhe.
12-18-2002, 09:20 AM
Well here it is. the poll to put miramax out unless they give us what we want, and that is christy cheung nude. (just joking) . (or was i?) .. i actually mean RELEASE HERO IN TIME FOR THE OSCARS and SHOW THE ENIRE MOVIE (not a 90 minute edt) TO AN EAGERLY AWAITING WESTERN AUDIENCE.
I will actually go to see it in a few days. Guess im one of the lucky one's livingin the arms of big red!

To the president of miramax,
please release Hero to the world in a manner befitting a movie of such stature and gain the respect of millions of fans worldwide, otherwise..... go and stick a hard boiled egg up your @n@l cavity and eat laxatves for breakfast.

signed (your name goes here)
gui zuozhe

Stacey
12-18-2002, 09:31 AM
what the hell is hero

how do you know the editing isn't for the best

why would they listen to you/us.

it will be at the theatre on a monday and tuesday if were lucky and then it will be on videotape a month later. Unless of course, it just goes to vhs

Stacey
12-18-2002, 05:24 PM
ok, I just bought Hero for 5 bucks

rubthebuddha
12-18-2002, 05:57 PM
he was talking about the movie, not the enrique iglesias cd in your player right now.

TaoBoy
12-18-2002, 06:18 PM
I thought we were talking about Mariah Carey.
How wrong I was.

:p

Laughing Cow
12-18-2002, 06:25 PM
Hmm.

Miramax, isn't that one of the inernational movie distribution companies owned by the "MOUSE".

Good luck getting the Mouse to change anything.
Nothing happens without the approval of the Mouse.

Just my 0.2 cents worth of thought.

rogue
12-18-2002, 06:26 PM
The best hero.
Bread: Italian
Vegetables: Lettuce, tomato, onions, peppers
Meats: Ham, pepperoni, salami
Cheese: Mozzarella (fresh sliced)
Condiments: Olive oil, wine vinegar, oregano, basil

Stacey
12-18-2002, 07:06 PM
lol @ rubthebuddah. No it involved a fight with axes. It kinda sucked. I was doing my physical fitness and didn't read all the subtitles. I only understand so much chinese. enough to get the idea. Poor kid, killing, mambo. I wouldn't pay to see it in a theatre. Especially when I have the bootleg vcd.

I will see Lord of the Rings in an Hour bOOYEAH!!!

gui_zuozhe.
12-18-2002, 08:09 PM
Im talking about the movie "Hero" with Jet Li, Donnie Yen, Maggie Cheung, Zhang zi yi and others. Just made its premiere in Beijing.

http://herothemovie.com

http://jetli.com

for an insight into the movie.
Tracy, you probably but the vcd about the "making of Hero. (it is called Cause)".
Cause is very easy to obtain in your local vcd store and will most probably be available in your local china town too.

There are two downloadable trailers for hero.[/B]:cool:

Stacey
12-18-2002, 08:19 PM
feck, I just wasted 5 bucks...

[Censored]
12-19-2002, 11:54 AM
Perhaps instead of petitioning a corporation to minimize their profit, you should petition the American people to stop accepting sh*tty dubbed edits of what were originally very good movies. :)

BTW, what are YOU doing to introduce the finer points of Chinese culture to foreign audiences?

gui_zuozhe.
12-20-2002, 12:25 AM
Im living here amidst the chaos, for a start

[Censored]
12-20-2002, 01:16 PM
Nobody likes a fanboy, dude. ;)

I used to work with a bunch of Midwesterners. When they were in the mood for something exotic, they went out for teriyaki. And even if they were given some sugary beef stew, they'd swear it was the greatest dish ever created. :) Not because they were especially stupid, but because they were inexperienced.

Personally, I think whoever was responsible for "Legend of the Red Dragon" should be poked in the eye. And I only watched 5 mintues of it. But I know that if they had released the original uncut version here, they wouldn't make a penny, because there's no shared context. They'd have to publish a book with the DVD, to explain what was happening.

If people want education they go to school, not to the movies.