PDA

View Full Version : video tapes

jarret
12-18-2002, 11:38 PM
Has anyone viewed the O-mei tapes by Tony Chen? If so, what did you think of them?

M_ArtsMargie
12-19-2002, 10:03 AM
JANET***These videos are very good according to one of our sales reps here at martialartsmart. He says that it is a really good style, and very explosive. it reminds him of shoalin only a little different. He is very fast as well.

GeneChing
12-19-2002, 10:52 AM
We carry five tapes from Tony Chen. The Baji Quan tape was a TC Media production. The four O-Mei tapes were produced by Sifu Chen's school and outline the curriculam for their school. TC Media did some post-production, but was not involved in the filming. You'll find the O-Mei tapes here. (http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/omeikungfuvi.html)

The Baji tape focuses on one of Chen's specialities. It is a very powerful style, once implemented by the guards of the royal court and still used heavily by the Military. I haven't seen Tony teach this except in private lessons. I'd highly recomend this one. It is very popular, especially among Chinese, which is why it is also availalbe in VCD format.

The O-Mei series shows many of his students and coaches performing the forms from different angles. Each tape has several forms - the O-Mei curriculam fuses traditonal O-Mei sets, peppered with modern wushu like Nanquan. Since each video cover several forms, the breakdowns and applications are minimal, but there's enough to figure out what's going on. These videos actually have a lot of material, especially at $19.95.

jarret
12-29-2002, 02:43 AM
Thank you Gene and Margie for taking the time to reply to my question. Your comments are greatly appreciated.
Jarret

jun_erh
01-02-2003, 08:57 AM
he's in the movie "South Shaolin MAster"

GeneChing
01-02-2003, 10:01 AM
Are you sure about that? I'll have to check that out.