PDA

View Full Version : Lone Wolf and Cub

Budokan
12-19-2002, 01:10 PM
I had heard you guys discussing this many months earlier. About a month ago I was in Borders bookstore and saw that the entire saga was being brought out in 28 volumes. I picked up 3 of the books...and now I'm hooked! These comics are simply great. The writing is clear and concise with believable characterization and the artwork evokes every emotion imaginable.

I also had the chance to view a couple of the films. And while I don't like them near as much as the comic (too outlandish and James Bondish for my tastes) they aren't too bad, either. I hope to see the rest of the series if and when I get a chance....

Liokault
12-19-2002, 01:18 PM
See the Budda...Kill the Budda.

Lone wolf and cub rocks.

Chang Style Novice
12-19-2002, 01:19 PM
You are correct, sir!

Lone Wolf and Cub is, to my mind, the best martial arts comic ever. The only competition is the Denny O'Neill and Denys Cowan issues of The Question.

I saw one of the movies once - the first one, I think. Meh.

Serpent
12-19-2002, 04:42 PM
Actually, they're being released in 29 voumes in the original small Japanese format. I'm up to #13 so far and it's still excellent! Nearly half way there!

Laughing Cow
12-19-2002, 04:48 PM
Another good MA Manga is "Kenji"(Child of the Fist) not sure yet if released in english.
24+ Volumes in original and 12 in re-issue.

It is about a young Boy that studies MA from a Family members and his travels and explorations of styles.

Mostly IMA but very good, at one stage he travels to the Chen Village and even meets the Aunt of my Sifu.
:D :D

Lots of detailed talk about terminology, concepts, legends and similar.
The styles covered are plenty.

Set in modern day Japan thought.

Keep an eye out for it.