PDA

View Full Version : OT: What are your festive season plans?

TaoBoy
12-19-2002, 09:26 PM
Tomorrow morning I'm leaving on a 14 day interstate sojourn.
Firstly, a nine hour drive north, then some days in Sydney. Then another nine hours north and some time in Brisbane. Then back south to the Gold Coast and Byron Bay and then Sydney again and finally home.

What are you people up to?

Laughing Cow
12-19-2002, 09:28 PM
Work.

Client wants an upgrae by the 26th, so I will be spending 25th at his Company all by my lonesome.

:rolleyes:

Chang Style Novice
12-19-2002, 09:38 PM
I'll be hangin' in the bathtub with a razorblade and sleeping pills, trying to decide whether to decorate in red, green, or bothİ

Not reallyİ But I do hate the holidays and try to ignore them as much as possibleİ

Serpent
12-19-2002, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
I'll be hangin' in the bathtub with a razorblade and sleeping pills, trying to decide whether to decorate in red, green, or bothİ

Not reallyİ But I do hate the holidays and try to ignore them as much as possibleİ

Dude, I think you have to face the fact that you have a problem. You appear to be addicted to the copyright symbol.

Get some help man.

Chang Style Novice
12-19-2002, 09:47 PM
Something wierd is happeningİ I can't get in here in internet Explorer, and Navigator pulls that period turns into a copyright symbol crap on meİ I don't understand it at allİ How do my commas and apostrophes look? For that matter, how about my question marks?

Serpent
12-19-2002, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
Something wierd is happeningİ I can't get in here in internet Explorer, and Navigator pulls that period turns into a copyright symbol crap on meİ I don't understand it at allİ How do my commas and apostrophes look? For that matter, how about my question marks?

Your punctuation on the whole is fine. It's the full stop that appears to be your problem.

Gremlins, obviously.

WTJune
12-19-2002, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Laughing Cow
Work.

Client wants an upgrae by the 26th, so I will be spending 25th at his Company all by my lonesome.

:rolleyes:

hey Laughing Cow - we have the same plans:

24th: doing some Exports of our ERP-System (not the whole day)
25th: offlinebackups (not much work for me...)
26th: Oracle Updates of 4 databases and backup

ciao

June

Laughing Cow
12-19-2002, 11:29 PM
June.

Mine is a EAI(middle ware) System linking multiple apps to a Web-Server.

Solaris and Sybase. :D

Frohe Weihnacht and einen guten rutsch ins neue Jahr.

Stacey
12-19-2002, 11:57 PM
For christmass I would like......

I would also like to butt feck Jennifer Lopez on a balcony of a tropical resort while paratzi take pictures. I'll go from feeling like a stud to wondering if my grandmother is watching the news and how embarassing that would be to get a call from her on the cell phone...while in the act. I'd say that It wasn't me as I gripped JLo by the hips. The voice of my grandmother would freak me out considering I'd be screwing and maybe I'd go soft, and then the Paparatzi would click as my limp shrink wrapped **** fell out and I would be scorned by men and women alike .. Maybe I should ask Santa for therapy. Obviously I've got some Catholic guilt.

but instead I'll visit my family and the new dog and experience the warm glow of family and yule tide bliss. it will be wholesome and we'll talk about Jesus and the symbolism of great gifts coming in humble wrappings like Jesus in the manger.

WTJune
12-20-2002, 01:14 AM
@ laughing cow:

there you have a bright spot (Sun) in your company (I think this one is only in german funny)... we have Oracel 8i under our BaaN ERP and Matrix PDM system - all on windows 2k Server - ERP with a win 2k cluster on a compaq EVA - which is our pride.

So we have about 2 weeks of planed downtime - and almost every day is fully booked. But i like working at this time - no users - no bosses and no stress.....

So - merry christman and a happy new year to you too...

do you speek german ? - Nicht zuviel saufen an Silvester - gell...

@ stacey -

you should have been on the JLo 'Jenny from the Block' video not not benny... and there is alot to butt feck @ JLO

ciao

June

Laughing Cow
12-20-2002, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by WTJune
we have Oracel 8i under our BaaN ERP and Matrix PDM system - all on windows 2k Server - ERP with a win 2k cluster on a compaq EVA - which is our pride.

Nice setup. My current clients are:
Deutsche Trust Bank &
Deutsche Asset Management.

But i like working at this time - no users - no bosses and no stress.....

When I was working at Siemens I enjoyed working over X-Mas too. nobody to interfere.

do you speek german ? - Nicht zuviel saufen an Silvester - gell...

Ich bin ein Wiener, aber lebe im Ausland fuer 17 Jahre.

Ciao

FatherDog
12-20-2002, 09:28 AM
I took the whole week between Christmas and New Year's off, and I'm getting my on-call week out of the way this week, so I'll be spending roughly half my time at the gym, and half partying it up with my brother and sister, since they're both home from college.