PDA

View Full Version : Wushu is the ultimate art for surviving being hit by a truck

KungFuGuy!
12-20-2002, 10:59 PM
And you all said it was good for nothing! :D
A friend of mine who has been studying wushu for a while was hit by a pick up truck as he tried to cross an intersection (not j-walking). He had no time to react as the idiot hit him right after turning (estimated going about 30-40 km/h). Amazingly enough, after being hit and thrown into the air, he was able to land on his feet and calmly walk away with only a few bruises.
The guy who hit him didn't stop so there was no opportunity for some hardcore lawsuit action :(

PHILBERT
12-21-2002, 12:00 AM
Of course the guy wasn't gonna stop, he knew full well he'd get in so much trouble. Too bad your friend didn't get his license, find his home and burn it down with the guy in it.

Former castleva
12-21-2002, 08:12 AM
I always had the idea that any legitimate art would aid more in daily conflicts than rare violent encounters but this must be the ultimate one. :D
I´ve heard one similar story about a karate guy accidentally running to someone on the stairs,falling and rolling down them only to end up on his feet in a decent defense stance.

logic
12-21-2002, 09:03 AM
PHILBERT :D I like your way of justice.

Wushu is cool. I always liked the flow and movement this style offerd.