PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Kombat : deadly alliance

Ging Mo Fighter
12-22-2002, 02:50 AM
http://www.midway.com/futuretense_cs/flash/mkda/index.html

The new mortal kombat game uses real fighting styles

I was a bit upset not to see praying mantis (northern or southern) as one of the styles :confused:

hopefully one of the secret characters will have it

some of the chinese styles in the game :

wingchun, eagle claw, crane, snake, dragon

totally cool :D

Ging Mo Fighter
12-22-2002, 03:01 AM
my mistake, there is a style named "mantis"
it looks primarily northern mantis

i dont think theres anything like southern mantis in there

anyway, go to the characters section, and click on hand to hand

and you can read up on some weird styles

TjD
12-22-2002, 07:48 AM
unfortunately the guy who does wing chun doesnt even look like hes doing anything remotely close from the screen shots :(

GunnedDownAtrocity
12-22-2002, 09:51 AM
this is the best fighting game made since tekken tag hands down. excluding tekken tag, this is the best fighting game made since tekken 3 hands down.

SevenStar
12-22-2002, 02:12 PM
there's a shuai chiao guy in the game also.

I've only seen one game that actually whiose fighters actually look like they are using the style that they claim, and that's virtua fighter.

Actually, I take that back. If I remember right, Street Fighter III had some semblances too, but still nothing like the virtua fighter series.

GunnedDownAtrocity
12-22-2002, 02:21 PM
i thought virual fighter 4 sucked but im a tekken fanboy. i was really excited about vf4, but then i played it and it was exactly like doa3 .... a beautiful button masher. i just cant dig the button mashers no matter how pretty the eye candy is.

Former castleva
12-22-2002, 04:34 PM
IŽd like to see that hapkido.
:)

Sho
12-22-2002, 04:56 PM
Impressive. I'd definitely want to play that game.

By the way, I think this thread should belong somewhere else. ;)

SevenStar
12-22-2002, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by GunnedDownAtrocity
i thought virual fighter 4 sucked but im a tekken fanboy. i was really excited about vf4, but then i played it and it was exactly like doa3 .... a beautiful button masher. i just cant dig the button mashers no matter how pretty the eye candy is.

Yeah, my favorite is VF3. I'm not talking about gameplay though, just the realism of the styles. I don't think there's a fighting game out there other than the VF series whose fighters actually look like they are fighting with the specified style completely.

myosimka
12-22-2002, 07:46 PM
Actually TJD, while I agree with you based on the screen shots I have seen I also have it on good authority that the WC is pretty good over all with a few obvious problems but a friend of mine was especially impressed with the chain punching special move and a few others

GunnedDownAtrocity
12-22-2002, 11:50 PM
seven ... i can agree with you on the realism of vf3 and 4. i really did think vf4 was a very graphically impressive game i just didnt like the controls at all.

of course people dont fly up in the air when you kick thier legs out from under them like they do in tekken, but so far i think its the game that takes the most skill and offers the most to learn.

EngryBxr
12-23-2002, 04:07 AM
just to let ya know, there is a mantis style fighter in there. guy in white outfit....lei wu. We got the game now for a few days and its pretty bad ass. each character has 3 styles. its nice that something is at least 'trying" to imitate as close as they can to martial arts. they have basicly all the popular styles of fighting.

later guys
sal

.,,,,,some part of me is confused....should i be embaressed respond with knowing this .heh

dezhen2001
12-23-2002, 04:45 AM
chain punching special move :D LOL

dawood