PDA

View Full Version : UFC ? Kage Kombat?

Zhin
10-09-2001, 07:11 PM
Okay, So I've been looking at the UFC fighters, and I have a question for all you MMA guys out there.

How do you get into this thing?

I mean, there's a guy in the heavy weight group who's had only one fight, and that's in the UFC itself.

Oh, and I checked out kage kombat. No wonder no striker wants to fight in it. The rules are lame. The only one that does not openly favor submission fighters is "Level 4" and that's only for the event in Hawaii.

Why have the next two events been shut down, btw, Knifefighter?

kwokfist
10-09-2001, 07:12 PM
UFC is gay overall. NHB is gay. If it was really NHB, then there wouldn't be any rules. San Shou is gay, because its watered-day fighting.

LEGEND
10-09-2001, 07:33 PM
You have to have a rep. in other MMA fighting events to get in the UFC. The record shown in the UFC website is discounting the records of other events the players have participated in. Kinda like showing a boxer record without addressing his amauteur boxing matches.

A

Mojo
10-09-2001, 07:47 PM
UFC isn't gay! Does this guy look gay to you ?
http://www.ufc.tv/fighters/artwork/fighter_profiles/fp_newtonCarlos.gif

O.K. I guess I have to take that back, he does look gay.
:eek:

old jong
10-09-2001, 07:52 PM
:D :D :D

Les paroles s'envolent.
Les écrits restent!...

qeySuS
10-09-2001, 08:05 PM
That's Carlos Newton one of the coolest guys around :) Check out the new UFC commercial to see him do a dragonball thingie! :D he says he practices Dragonballz Jiu Jitsu :) He's way cool.

Here's the commercial (http://www.ufc.tv/videos/videosMpg.asp?videoImgID=613)

Free thinkers are dangerous!

Mr. Nemo
10-09-2001, 08:16 PM
"I mean, there's a guy in the heavy weight group who's had only one fight, and that's in the UFC itself."

They often don't list fights in smaller events, like amateur events. You can't just enter the UFC without some kind of record in the smaller events.

Carlos Newton is not gay.

Snake
10-09-2001, 08:18 PM
So a guy being a big fan of Dragonball is an argument for or against him being gay??

Just kidding! :)

Snake

Jaguar Wong
10-09-2001, 08:18 PM
A quick bio on Carlos Newton:

"I started training in martial arts at 6 years old because some kid stole my lunch money." "My current fight record is 9-4, with two of my losses being very controversial decisions. I have always tried to match with the best quality fighters that were willing to come my way."

Accomplishments: Won three times in the PRIDE organization, won in Vale Tudo Japan Open 1997 and 1998, 3 time Canadian Jiu-Jitsu Champion, the current Canadian Pankration Champion for the last two years, and a finalist in the UFC 17 middleweight tournament. "But yet I am still a young Jedi in training, who has not yet reached his full potential."

"Beyond training, my university studies take up most my time as I am hoping to get into medical school. I take my educational studies very seriously but still find time to play video games and hang with the ladies."

Heroes: Muhammad Ali, Albert Einstein and Batman. Carlos also admires legendary Japanese swordsman, Miyamoto Musashi. A samurai who founded his own school of swordsmanship, Musashi gradually transformed himself from just being an instinctive fighter into a man who fanatically pursued the goals of Zen-like self discipline, a complete inner mastery over oneself and a sense off oneness with nature. A believer in self-discipline, Newton says, "My toughest fight is always with myself."

"If I win the title on May 4th, I will work very hard with Zuffa to build the respect for our sport in North America to what it should be, for both the event and for the fighters. I believe that through my training I have met some of the most honorable people there are today in sport. Most the fighters have great heart and if we pool our efforts together I think we can do a lot of good. I currently volunteer my time for a few different organizations and I hope more fighters will join this effort."

He is one of my favorite fighters to watch because of his ability to stay calm during his fights, and his technical precision is pretty awsome too. He's not the best around, but he's one of the best to watch. Plus he likes comic books, video games and anime (Dragonball Z Jiu Jitsu? :)). You gotta love that.

Jaguar Wong

Mojo
10-09-2001, 08:21 PM
Guys
I'm just goofing on his photo. I don't realy think he's gay.
Although he does look happy to see me. :D

Jaguar Wong
10-09-2001, 08:23 PM
lol, I hope that's his cup. I know you were just goofing on the photo. I was just adding to qeySuS's post.

Jaguar Wong

Zhin
10-09-2001, 08:24 PM
Actually, they do list the other fights that a person has had, under the "MMA record" category, and there's still a guy who has only fought once, in the UFC.

You don't have to have a rep. You have to have a manager. Where's Don King when you need him?

krome
10-09-2001, 08:27 PM
Shin - why do you care? If you're not a fan and don't watch this stuff why do you care what the rules are?
Believe it or not most fans disagree with some of the rules, but we still like to watch it. Hell some people like to compete in MMA events.

I don't practice boxing. So everytime I watch a boxing match I don't b*tch about "how come they can't do this or that". So instead I CHOOSE to watch MMA since it's fighters are allowed to do more than any other type of event.

Use what works not what looks pretty.

Ford Prefect
10-09-2001, 08:35 PM
Who was it and what UFC was he in?

Mr. Nemo
10-09-2001, 08:41 PM
"Actually, they do list the other fights that a person has had, under the "MMA record" category, and there's still a guy who has only fought once, in the UFC.
You don't have to have a rep. You have to have a manager. Where's Don King when you need him?"

Who is the person who doesn't have any record outside the UFC?

And nowadays, you do have to have a rep. You didn't in the early UFC's, but nowadays an opportunity to fight in the UFC is something you have to earn.

LEGEND
10-09-2001, 08:57 PM
Ok...shin...who is it??? maybe we can help you??? Who is this guy??? SHIN...shinnnnnnnnn???

A

Zhin
10-09-2001, 09:09 PM
man, even at work I got a little bit of a life.

Scott Adams.

But, I have to admit, I didn't look down to the rest of the crap, since he didn't have much posted, and apparently he's 7-0 in other MMA stuff.

And how do you get a "rep". I can't even find MMA stuff in my town, and I've been posting on Mixedmartialarts.com and all that crap. Why is it that only LA and buttsville middle america has these things?

Mr. Nemo
10-09-2001, 09:22 PM
"Why is it that only LA and buttsville middle america has these things?"

It's largely because of John McCain and Rudy Guiliani, actually.

If you let us know where you live and how far you're willing to travel, maybe we could find one of these events for you.

LEGEND
10-09-2001, 09:37 PM
LA is quite a city...I'm hoping to move there in 3 years. hehehe

A

krome
10-09-2001, 09:49 PM
Shin where are j00 located I might be able to help you find something in your area. I'm pretty good a doing that stuff.

Use what works not what looks pretty.

Zhin
10-10-2001, 05:47 AM
Ain't finding anything. I can travel to SF/San Jo if need be.

Xebsball
10-10-2001, 06:01 AM
The dragonballz move he is doing is a KAME HAME HA, that means turtle something. Basicly its a chi (or ki) energy blast of great power.

-------------------------
"You will never need to feel weak, helpless, indecisive, not fascinating or ashamed of your genital dimensions. GOOD-BYE Humiliation. Bullies, Karate Experts, Boxing Champions, traffic wardens will melt to pulp as you master every situation."
Master Deltoo
http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Stadium/2477/