PDA

View Full Version : Bill Chung/Tak Wah Eng

Phil Redmond
12-24-2002, 12:52 PM
Does anyone know about Tak Wah Eng and his Sifu Wai Hong parting? I'm asking because Tak was my Sihing in the 70's.

Also, one if my former Hung Ga Sifus was Bill Chung of Hung Mung. I know that he lived in NJ. Does anyone know if he's still teaching?
Phil

Blackspear
12-25-2002, 10:30 AM
Hey Phil ,

First and foremost Merry X-mas and may this be a prosperous year for you and all martial asrtists. Now About Tak Eng yes i am aware of his parting with Grandmaster Hong I beleive it was in the mid 80's although the details i choose not to share but i am aware that he is no longer part of that federation or within rights to claim so although he still sellls those videos which he filmed before his parting.

Phil Redmond
12-25-2002, 05:53 PM
Hi and Merry Christmas.
Thanks for the reply. Also, I understand your not wanting to give details about the separation. I'm a Wing Chun practitioner and we have the most BS and infighting of any style IMO. Do you know anything regarding Paul Vizzio and Hui Cambrelen?
Did you know that Morgan Fairchild was in my class at Fu Jow in the 70's? Yup, the Old Navy girl studied Fu Jow Pai?......lol.
Peace,
Phil

Blackspear
12-25-2002, 10:00 PM
hey phil ,

Yeah I know of Morgan Fairchild once studying Fu Jow Pai. I thought it was funny too guess the old navy girl can probably kick ass lol. Well my friend is a student of Sifu Hui Cambrelen. I also know that Paul Vizzio has a school in Union City New Jersey. email me so we can talk some more martial arts phil at qiboxer@aol.com

Blackspear
12-25-2002, 10:03 PM
I almost forgot phil there is a branch under Sifu Cambrelen in Paterson, NJ called Fu Jow Pai of Northern New Jersey. I saw there listing on superpages.com

Phil Redmond
12-27-2002, 03:11 PM
Hey Blackspear,
I'll email you. Morgan was pretty tough. We were the shortest people in the class so I had to do 3 Star hit with her....hehehe. We used to get mad when Paul Vizzio would say, ..." Fairchild, put your jacket back on". She was a distraction for sure.
Phil

redfist
12-29-2002, 07:05 PM
check this site;

http://southfloridachineseboxingassociation.com

i think sifu gorme may be able to help you in your search for
sigung william chung.

Phil Redmond
12-29-2002, 10:37 PM
Thanks for your info. Grandmaster Chung was instrumental to my martial development.
Phil

Hai_To
12-30-2002, 01:09 PM
I don't the reasons for the falling out between Tak Wah Eng and Wai Hong. Tak Wah is still teaching Fu Jow Pai though, from what I understand, only to family and some of his older students. His student Paul (Pantazakos) Koh is openly teaching Fu Jow Pai in the Bo Law Kung Fu Association. There was a little bit of a heated discussion about this two years ago. Sifu Cambrelen challenged Paul. I think Paul backed down since he changed his website name from Shaolinblacktiger.com to Bolawkungfu.com. He still teaches Fu Jow Pai, he just doesn't advertise.