12-28-2002, 04:12 PM
OooOooOooooOoooO I DO I DO!!!

Souljah
12-28-2002, 04:49 PM
what is it?

sorry for the stupid q

WuMan
12-28-2002, 05:17 PM
Airsoft is simliar to paintball, except your ammuniton is 6mm plastic bb's instead of paintballs anddddddddd the guns dont look like they are from otta space. Airsoft guns are replica's of real weapons. Also known as MilSim (military simluation) due to its realism. :D

Souljah
12-28-2002, 06:15 PM
bruises?

WuMan
12-28-2002, 06:18 PM
ohhhhhhhh yea, when your playing with some hardcore HK airsoft players, you be bruised all over. haha i learned that the hard way.

SevenStar
12-28-2002, 11:06 PM
for you, soul:

http://www.planetairsoft.net/

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/op.html

yenhoi
12-29-2002, 01:42 AM
I played once. Very neat.

red5angel
12-30-2002, 08:00 AM
Hehe, let's see, I personally have a MP5 SD6 with a 100% spring upgrade. Get's me about 380 fps and the upgrade only ran me
20$. 4 100 round mags, nothing bigger, I like to change...
I have 2 Beretta GBB, I rarely use more then one for a backup on the field.
and am now looking at getting the P-90 with a battery upgrade for indoor use.....

Oh yeah, and I have a team game coming up in two weeks...

ewallace
12-30-2002, 09:31 AM
I bet Red5 was one of those kids that were smart enough to videotape themselves terrorizing the town with paintball guns. :)

red5angel
12-30-2002, 09:38 AM
LOL! I am not quite that "smart" no....

I tried paintball a few times, there were some things that bugged me. Of course in the military I used TAG gear and other tools that were a hell of a lot of fun. Paintball just didn't cut it for me. Airsoft atleast cut out alot of the issues I had with paintball. My only issues now:
Range is extremely short and most places won't let you go over about 350 fps for legal reasons, buncha girls running those places I guess.....

and guys running around with 1000 round magazines on their gbb pistols and submachineguns. Give me a break. Why don't we just show up in the back yard with squirt guns and call it a day. :)

On a side note 7star, when I started, especially during outdoor season, the belly crawl came as a shock to most of the other players locally here. They got used to playing squat and shoot paintball. The first few games each session I would usually take out most of the opposing team by lowering my profile the easy way, belly crawling.

MightyB
12-30-2002, 10:22 AM
I never knew that such a game existed! Thanks for the links Seven Star.

I've emailed some friends of mine that were looking for something like this. It looks like serious fun. We were starting to get into the paintball thing, but this looks waaaaayyyy better.

I got a couple of questions though: What manufacturer is considered the best for quality and price, and, what websites would you guys recommend to buy a gun from? Also, what all do you need to get started?

red5angel
12-30-2002, 10:34 AM
Ah MightyB you have stepped into it!! ;) Let's just say that I have taken 8 people out and introduced them to Airsoft and everyone is a regular who ha spurchased atleast 2 guns!!

Tokyo Marui is tops in my book for AEG's (Air Electric Gun) as well as most others. They just seemed to be one step ahead of everyone else. WSC seems to be a pretty good GBB (Gas Blow Back for real slide action) usually pistols.

The best informative page is www.airsoftzone.com they do all sorts of reviews and have dtat on almost all the guns out there now.

The other trick is ordering form overseas. It is whispered amongst the AS community that a friend of a friend of a friends...shipment was held permanentlly by customs...mostly urban myth really. I had a freind whoes package was held an extra week.
Also, it may look at first that you can save money by ordering overseas as well, but keep in mind shipping is about 100$. If you can get some people together to order and you order a lot you can save some money but in general, it is easier and faster to find a US based company to order from.

I personally order from www.747imports.com They are quick and they have always given me a tracking number. I have ordered on my own and with friends from them about 15 times or so and never had an issue. I do all my own mods though.

Braden
12-30-2002, 10:41 AM
red - Have you tried stock class paintball?

red5angel
12-30-2002, 10:44 AM
Stock Class? Explain it to me? It sounds like its regulated paintball, no mods maybe?

Braden
12-30-2002, 10:48 AM
It's usually with 10 round clips and 10g CO2. By necessity people play more intelligently, and these days it also tends to attract a more mature crowd. The guns are also more reliable and better permit things like dropping prone and belly-crawling.

red5angel
12-30-2002, 10:55 AM
I haven't tried it but it sounds like it has fixed most of the things I didn't like about it!

The only other issue I think I really have with paintball are jams. An explosive jam means you spend the next game or two cleaning your weapon!

On an aside, the fields I play at are mostly splatball fields but they always make room for us AS peeps. I find we are always comparing notes here is what I have determined to be the benefits and down sides of both:

AS - cool looking replicas, no guys in neon, the only thing all over me when I am done playing is mud, jams are more easily serviceable and they lend themselves to a more "rough" style of play (When last I played splatball the guns generally had to be kept level or you could jam. On my SD6 I can turn the hop up up and flip it side ways to shoot around corners, sort of...)

SB - usually better range, the balls themselves have more mass and so tend to travel ****her, but this is also balanced by the fact the balls don't always break at longer ranges.
no doubts if you hit someone, more incentive to keep your head down (getting hit with an AS bb feels like someone is pitching you, SB however hurts like hell on the tender spots!) Guns are more durable in general, no electronic parts so a good cleaning after every session usually solves most issues.

Braden
12-30-2002, 11:11 AM
Yeah, just ask your field if anyone plays stock-class. They'll know what you're talking about. I think you'll like it if you try it out. You need the range of paintballs!

Cipher
12-30-2002, 03:22 PM
Oh no, I love playing PB. Been playing for a while.

What are the differences between AS and PB for accuracy and distance for the average shot?

The main beefs I have with PB is the 200 rnd hoppers, accuracy for some guns, distance you can accuratly shoot someone, people running around in Neon sport gear(This is cool for speed ball and sporting events, but dang it when you playing in a nice patch of woods it look frikin stupid.

Has anyone ever used the special police training bullets that go in a real gun but have paint capsules in it or something, hurts like heck, probably costs a lot for the bullets but I bet it would be a good training tool.

red5angel
12-30-2002, 03:36 PM
Cipher, I used those rounds for which you speak a few times.....OUCH!!!!!!

Well, as for accuracy, I think they are both on par, it seems the idea that the more you spend the better it gets applies more in paintball then in AS in this case though.
As for range, I am not sure what exactly the actual effective range of splatball guns are, I would guess it also depends on the fps of the gun. For AS, it does depend on the fps of the gun and the weight of the bb. I use .25 gram bb's and have an fps of about 380. I hit a guy from the back I would say baout 30 yards away and he felt it enough to call himself out.

The thing with AS is you have ot trust the people you play with, there is no mark so it's on your honor (anyone who plays or will play, stay away from the paint bb's for AS, they suck!!!). The biggest issue I have is these guys who come out in full regalia, web gear, and two layers of clothing because half the time, even if they are honorable, they can't feel the impacts and may not hear them....I wear my BDU's and a mask and that's it, maybe a belt with a magazine pouch.

WuMan
12-30-2002, 04:42 PM
how do you aim with paintball guns? i can never do it. the hoppers in the way and i cant see the thing im shooting at.

Cipher
12-31-2002, 06:45 AM
red5angel,

Do you know were you can buy the police rounds? What kind of protection do you have to have, cup and face mask or does it require more gear like a chest protector and so forth. Thanks.

That is definatly true with paint ball, the more you spend the better the gun, for the most part.

red5angel
12-31-2002, 06:53 AM
Cipher, not sure where you can buy them, they were issued to me while we were experimenting with using them. The rounds are low powered so they don't have the punch of actual bullets, and they tend to be less accurate but still pretty good at close range.
You definitely need a face mask and we never wore them but I would imagine getting hit in the mommy/daddy button could be dangerous!

Cipher
12-31-2002, 09:09 AM
Thanks dude, I would like to get ahold of some of those rounds. It seems like it would provide good hand gun defence training. Nothing like getting stung to open your eyes up.

WuMan
12-31-2002, 03:33 PM
One of my AS buddies gave me a site and it sounds kinda like the stuff you guys are talking about. Heres the site

http://www.simunition.com/index.php

Hope it helps ^_^

apoweyn
12-31-2002, 03:51 PM
okay, two new things for me to be jazzed about: stock class paintball and airsoft.

the last time i played paintball (my bachelor party), the lot of us got traded for cigarettes. (it was me and my editor/web developer/lawyer friends vs. two marines and the entire new jersey police department.) but i'm still jonesing for more.

stuart b.