PDA

View Full Version : OT: What would you do if you owned you own town?

SevenStar
12-28-2002, 09:29 AM
Bridgeville, California was sold on ebay for 1.8 mil. It was 81 acres and had 10 homes, a few cabins and a post office.

You haven't lost your opportunities yet - there's another town for sale in Cali - this one is called Amboy. it's east of LA, in the mojave desert. The current asking price is 1.9 mil and is has a gas station/cafe, motel, church, runway, airplane hangar, half a dozen small houses and a post office on 690 acres. This one's not for sale online though.

What would you do with your own town?

David Jamieson
12-28-2002, 09:41 AM
populate it, then employ everyone in the business of selling bent pepsi bottles to passing motorists.

and kewpy dolls.

SevenStar
12-28-2002, 09:47 AM
until you buy your town, you can run your own nation for free (http://www.nationstates.net)

Chang Style Novice
12-28-2002, 09:48 AM
"Well I lost an eye in Mexico
Lost two teeth where I don't know
People see me comin' and they move to the other side of the road
I robbed a liquor store to make myself at home a few times
Borrowed myself a car when I needed it
I got me a shack at the bottom of the road
Fixin' cars and givin' tows
Spendin' all my money on the lottery
When I win the lottery gonna buy all girls on my block
A color TV and a bottle of French perfume
When I win the lottery gonna donate half my money to the city
So they have to name a street or a school or a park after me
When I win the lottery
Never run a flag up a pole
Like mr. red, white, and blue down the road
But I never called myself a hero for killing unknown communists
Now I can walk into any old bar
And find a fight without looking too hard
But I never killed someone I don't know just 'cause someone told me to
And when I win the lottery
Gonna buy the house next to mr. red, white and blue
And when I win the lottery
Gonna buy Post 306 American Legion, paint it red with five gold stars
When I win the lottery
When the end comes to this old world
The rights will cry and the rest will curl up
And God won't take the time to sort your ashes from mine
'Cause we zig and zag between good and bad
Stumble and fall on right and wrong
'Cause the tumbling dice and the luck of the draw just leads us on
And when I win the lottery, gonna buy all the girls on my block
Silver-plated six shooters and a quart of the finest highland scotch
'Cause when I win the lottery, the rights will shake their heads and say that
God is good but surely works in mysterious ways
When I win the lottery"

- Camper Van Beethoven

Check out the lyrics I put in bold. I'd never bother with that nonsense, because my name is Austin, and you can see where I live.:D

SevenStar
12-28-2002, 09:55 AM
here's my nation:

http://www.nationstates.net/cgi-bin/index.cgi?pin=13083475&target=display_nation

Xebsball
12-28-2002, 10:00 AM
i think id sell my town, i mean its too much work to manage it all... i think

SevenStar
12-28-2002, 10:46 AM
my town would be Training Town. I would have plenty of gyms and legit schools with good training. We'd field fighters to enter every major competition from bjj to bare knuckle. Training Town would take over the world!! :D

Kristoffer
12-28-2002, 10:50 AM
I'll make NHB tournaments a must for all school girls up tp 25.

Stacey
12-28-2002, 10:56 AM
declare myself king. Then make festivals and holidays and make it like the last scene in Akira Kurasawa's "Dreams"

Not a utopia. I'll keep the people ignorant and working. Maybe more like "Iron Town" in Princess Mononoke.

The high school will have the following sports.

vale tudo
jousting
archery/marksmenship
outdoor club for survival/tracking/running, hiking and other ninja stuff.
san shou

the above activities are for the top two castes, the lower caste will of course work on my aztec style pyramid and since the cousin humpin trailer trash breed like rabbits, I'll anually sacrifice some of them on the temple. Get it flowing with blood. That should curb any uprisings.

Oh come on?!? WHAT would you have them do? Breed and appear on Jerry Springer?

Xebsball
12-28-2002, 11:04 AM
i think you should add nude volleyball too, Stacey

Stacey
12-28-2002, 11:17 AM
no need. In my town, All women are trained in the assyrian arts that Innana learned such as "kissing the phallus" "Dancing" and "Massage" of course each girl will need to put in 1,000 hours before she can be considered a woman.

But since you want it, nude volleyball is in. Actually, were a very naked people in summer, so its no big deal. Nude water polo is also in.

http://www.nationstates.net/cgi-bin/index.cgi/target=display_nation/nation=shangrala

there is my nation...I wanted it more liberaterian, oh well, it seems to be working. Can we fight other nations?

Kristoffer
12-28-2002, 11:30 AM
http://www.nationstates.net/cgi-bin/index.cgi?pin=44367142&target=display_nation

look at my country :D sooo funny.. yeah I wanna wage some war!

Stacey
12-28-2002, 11:49 AM
Kristoffer, I'm allied, how do we kill people?

Odin, Odin, send the winds to turn the tides!!

Xebsball
12-28-2002, 11:56 AM
Never trust the northern winds!!

Kristoffer
12-28-2002, 11:57 AM
..Uhm, I'm not sure. I sent an request to become a member of the UN so that they think I'm not evil and crush me or something. No way I'll get a membership since I'm a dictator :rolleyes:

I have to catch a snack., but if you find out stuff about this send me a message and let me know. Oh and it's ODEN, in swedish that is. Nevermind go in peace. And I'll let my spies of Hugin and Mumin be your eyes in the shadows, watching our enemies.

Royal Dragon
12-28-2002, 01:23 PM
Ok, my nation is at http://www.nationstates.net/cgi-bin/index.cgi/target=display_nation/nation=royal_dragon

Try reposting your links guys, I just get the start page with the links you posted.

I can't find anyone else's nation, so I declared war on stacy's
Shee seems to be an economically weakening nation wiht her 31% taxes and such, and mine only has a 2% tax rate, so we are VERY rich!!

Then, I changed my mind.

Anyway, I say all of us form a "KFO" aligiance, and build a SUPER sized joint army, and then go and conquer other nations one or two at a time untill we rule all!!

Then, we can fight amongst ourselves to be the supreme ruler!!!

Anyone with me??

_William_
12-28-2002, 02:12 PM
Ok, I just added Royal Dragon and Stacey to my dossier... but how do we ally?

Heres my nation... boy, its a pretty whack place

http://www.nationstates.net/cgi-bin/index.cgi/target=display_nation/nation=the_temple_of_william

:cool:

Former castleva
12-28-2002, 02:38 PM
Hmmm.

Put some life to it,for sure.
Gather the elite of old school feng shui and start fixing it.
Arrange more activity for the youth and ppl in general,more education,study of classics etc.

Or maybe just turn it into a Chinatown.
:)

Then leave

Royal Dragon
12-28-2002, 03:12 PM
Ok, how do we create the "United Nation of KFO?" We could be an underground allegiance of nations that seeks to controll all, sort of like the Trilateral commision, and we can controll all from the secret undeground inside like the Free Massons do!!!

Assuming there is no way to wage war that is.

Kristoffer
12-28-2002, 04:40 PM
Royal Dragon, I'm with ya!!! Here's my Country: http://www.nationstates.net/cgi-bin/index.cgi?pin=44367142&target=display_nation it's called "The Holy Empire of Kristoranien".

I think all we KFO members should ally somehow and then wage war. Hmm.. but how do we ally, how do we wage war and what do we do now? :)

yu shan
12-28-2002, 06:23 PM
Act Republican!

neptunesfall
12-28-2002, 06:28 PM
The Republic of Shuai Chiao is a tiny, pleasant nation, remarkable for its burgeoning dragon population. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 5 million have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

The small government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Religion & Spirituality, and Commerce. The average income tax rate is 10%. A healthy private sector is led by the Book Publishing, Gambling, and Cheese Exports industries.

Crime is a serious problem. Shuai Chiao's national animal is the dragon and its currency is the throw.

http://www.nationstates.net/cgi-bin/index.cgi/target=display_nation/nation=shuai_chiao

_William_
12-28-2002, 06:37 PM
Which region should my nation be in?
It's up to you. New nations begin in the Pacific, but you can move out. You can even start your own region. This is a good idea if you're playing with a few friends: create a region and all move there.

Thats what we need to do... Lets create a region and we can all move there and start our KFO Alliance!

_William_
12-28-2002, 06:57 PM
Success...

Region "The KFO Alliance" created. Anyone that wants in should move in now!

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

We shall rule the world! :eek:

Daelomin
12-28-2002, 06:57 PM
mine is "the rouge nation of many lohans".

neptunesfall
12-28-2002, 07:11 PM
i'm in the kfo alliance...and LMAO@Daelomin...the national animal is the gerbil and its currency is the dong

Royal Dragon
12-28-2002, 07:24 PM
Ok guys, this appears to be a role playing game and the majority of it is caried out on thier frum system.

Now, i have been perusing it and I have discovered our first victe......ah I mean advasary.

It seems one or more Nations are hunting, farming and selling DRAGONS as a delacacy.

As Chinese martial artists, I'm sure I don't have to remind you the significance of the Dragon to or culture.

I say we rally to the cause of protecting Dragons, and I think we should declare war on any nation that engages in the killing of Dragons for food or otherwise.

The Nation of Chemmie should be our first area of concern as they are vocally advertising the sale of thier Dragons as food.

the url to the conversation is----> http://www.nationstates.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1841&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

What do you guys think?

Oh, on another thread there, I have established myself as a major arms dealer. Of course, any member of the secret KFO alliance gets all weapons at half price, and free shipping (Beat THAT GENE!!)

neptunesfall
12-28-2002, 07:31 PM
perfect, considering my national animal is the dragon!

SevenStar
12-28-2002, 07:31 PM
count me in. I already posted a link to my nation.

_William_
12-28-2002, 07:35 PM
Whoah, we already have 3 nations in it!

http://www.nationstates.net/cgi-bin/index.cgi/pin=34002343/page=display_region/region=the_kfo_alliance

Oh yeah, Sevenstar, can you repost the link to your nation? All I get when I click it is the same page as my own nation.

Royal Dragon
12-28-2002, 07:58 PM
It looks like there are differnt regions. Maybe we should each be in a different region, and that way the underground KFO aliance will control all from behind the scenes....kind'a like that cigarette smoking guy from X files :p

I'm in the Pacific region myself.

GunnedDownAtrocity
12-28-2002, 08:08 PM
i would paint the entire town a with human carnage and molest the dead for months.

plus nude volley ball!

Royal Dragon
12-28-2002, 08:13 PM
yup, Nude Volly Ball, also Nude Twister!!! To celebrate the dominace of our enemies of course!!!

I just blew up some Dragon meat processing plants in two Nations.

I think it's time you guys stepped up and pledged support for the cause (Saving dragons, or world domination, whichever you prefer) :D

SevenStar
12-28-2002, 09:38 PM
for some reason, I can't get in. I'll post it in a bit. I haven't been able to get in for a few hours

Royal Dragon
12-28-2002, 09:53 PM
You don't have the name of you nation at the end of your link.

See how the name of mine is at the end of it's URL??

http://www.nationstates.net/cgi-bin/index.cgi/target=display_nation/nation=royal_dragon

The link you have above does not have your Nation name in it.

_William_
12-29-2002, 12:03 AM
I don't quite get whats going on in the forums... Is it some sort of Role-Playing Game?

FatherDog
12-29-2002, 01:57 AM
I've actually been on nationstates for a while. Here's mine:

http://www.nationstates.net/cgi-bin/index.cgi/target=display_nation/nation=newer_jersey

neptunesfall
12-29-2002, 04:07 AM
their forum won't let me post....
also i think if we go to war, we're gonna get beatdown....we should wait a bit and get stronger?
as soon as my UN application is approved, i'm going to submit something to stop dragon hunting

Royal Dragon
12-29-2002, 09:23 AM
Your right, maybe the UN thing is a better way to go. Then when people violate the resolution we can get support form other non dragon eating nations.
In the mean time, I am trying to make connections with other nations through the sales of military hardware, and the common dislike of Dragon eating nations.

neptunesfall
12-29-2002, 10:50 AM
werd.
networking is the way to go. good idea.

SevenStar
12-29-2002, 01:38 PM
how do you go to war with someone?

Royal Dragon
12-29-2002, 05:00 PM
I don't think you can.

This appars to be a two fold game, one of political choices, and the othe a fantasy role playing thing on the forums where players do their best to out "Pretend" each other.

I say we start a BJJ vs Summo fight on thier main forum for laughs. I think it will ruffel more feathers than declaring war on someones nation when there is no real way to conquer them.

Kristoffer
12-30-2002, 08:06 AM
:D We will ****ing rule

ewallace
12-30-2002, 09:25 AM
What would I do if I owned my own town? Hear are some rules:

- No car would be allowed that had less than 300 bhp.
- No spandex would be allowed, on anyone.
- Only two children per household.
- No feet will be allowed to dangle from passenger-side window of a motor vehicle.
- Only 3 bumper stickers allowed on vehicle.
- Failure to use a turn signal when turning would result in a massive electric shock emmitted from the steering wheel.
- Residents that allow their grass to grow over 6 inches long will have their grass mowed for them. Then they will join other offenders on a mandatory 6 month program in which they will mow other resident's lawns which do not comply.
- No resident may announce on their vehicle that their child is an honor student.
- No pink houses. This should need no explanation.
- All residents will be required to bar-b-que at least once a month. This should result in a pleasant aroma around the city.
- The only fast-food entity allowed inside city limits will be Chick-Fil-A. This should keep health-care costs to a minimum.

- Driver's licenses will be issued and renewed after a 3 week surveillance by an undercover motor vehicle inspector. The inspector will, at an undetermined time, follow you around everywhere you go to make sure you are not a road hazzard.

I'll think of more as the day progresses.

Excession
01-01-2003, 10:15 PM
http://www.nationstates.net/cgi-bin/index.cgi/target=display_nation/nation=fortytwo

I'm hoping it's hard to argue against religion and everything else.

Serpent
01-01-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by FatherDog
I've actually been on nationstates for a while. Here's mine:

http://www.nationstates.net/cgi-bin/index.cgi/target=display_nation/nation=newer_jersey

Why do you have the Aboriginal flag as your own?

FatherDog
01-01-2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Serpent

Why do you have the Aboriginal flag as your own?

Because I haven't got 'round to making my own yet, and I needed something for the meantime.