PDA

View Full Version : Qeysus

Stacey
12-28-2002, 12:54 PM
How was your trip to America? Whom did you learn from? What did you do? I bought an Icelandic Sheepdog named Gaela. She's smart and playfull. Always herding things.

qeySuS
12-28-2002, 05:35 PM
An entire thread ALL FOR ME!! wuhoo.

Trip to america was GREAT, was studying Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (No-Gi) under Chris Brennan in Irvine California, had loads of fun and i've never learned so much (training 3 times a day for 3 months straight phew), left me in debt though but i finally got a good job and i should be debt free in a few months, hopefully i'll be back out there in 8-12 months and then i'm hoping to stay in America training for a year or so.

That's cool about the dog, saw you talking about the dog on the xMas present thread as well :) Do you know Icelandic or did someone else help you come up with the name Gæla ?

Stacey
12-28-2002, 05:42 PM
that was her birth name. The woman who raised her is from Norway and spent some time in Iceland. I thought Runa might fit. But in the end it was just her name. Gaela Staceydottir :D

Thats cool about the Bjj. Hopefully you can learn a lot, get your purple belt and teach up there on the ice.

How is a wrestling art so far up north? I've been in some fights in the snow and whomever is better dressed usually wins.

qeySuS
12-28-2002, 05:51 PM
There is no wrestling WHATSOEVER here, don't think there's a single person here that has trained.

I did a bit of it at the school in USA but i sucked :) There was one class a week and i only took like 6 over the entire summer. I'm hoping to do more standup and wrestling next time i'm in USA.

IronFist
12-28-2002, 06:15 PM
Hey QeySuS, "Gæla" would be pronounced like "Gai-lah", where "ai" is like a long "i" sound like "eye" in English, right?

Like the name of this letter -----> I in English.

IronFist

qeySuS
12-28-2002, 06:39 PM
You are correct ironfist

IronFist
12-29-2002, 12:20 AM
Go me!

IronFist

Stacey
12-29-2002, 07:02 PM
well I was pronouncing it Gaila, looks like I'm changing it. Thanx for the info guys

IronFist
12-29-2002, 11:47 PM
In the words of Maddox, (http://maddox.xmission.com) "I can't believe how much I rule."

:D

Post some pics of your dog :)

IronFist

qeySuS
12-30-2002, 06:54 AM
Maddox is my god, went through his entire archives the other day.