PDA

View Full Version : Last night I dreamt....

eulerfan
12-30-2002, 09:39 AM
that I fought Laura Dern. She was a TKD student in a movie called Novocaine, so I guess that's why she was the one I fought in the dream. But, I did something that annoyed her and she demanded that the two of us fight. Moving to fight her was like moving through molassas. Like when you can't run in a dream except I couldn't fight.

Seems like everbody has the 'impossible to run' dream. I was wondering if an 'impossible to fight' dream might be common to MA practicioners.

Anybody?

red5angel
12-30-2002, 09:42 AM
I have this wierd dream periodically where I am training with my old instructor and he is kicking my ass and I can't seem to remember how to fight him at all!!! It get's really frustrating because I know it's in there somewhere but I can't recall it!

norther practitioner
12-30-2002, 09:46 AM
Yeah, I've had a few similar to that. One being you are slow as shait, the other is that you hit them as hard as you can, and it doesn't even phase them, like a hook landed perfectly to the jaw doesn't even move their head.

Chang Style Novice
12-30-2002, 09:51 AM
I never dream about fighting. This has been discussed around here a lot, and I wonder if I'm just missing some killer-brain-lobe that the rest of you have.

norther practitioner
12-30-2002, 09:53 AM
I wonder if I'm just missing some killer-brain-lobe that the rest of you have.

Nah, you're just a wuss. Ever have that running dream, wonder why you're running....lol sorry man just jokin'.

Chang Style Novice
12-30-2002, 09:56 AM
I dreamt about playing soccer last night, and I scored a goal, but even though the ball I used was in play, everyone was paying attention to action elsewhere on the field (with a ball that was NOT in play.)

ewallace
12-30-2002, 09:59 AM
CSN, just stop playing with your own balls while you sleep. This should alleviate your problem.

Chang Style Novice
12-30-2002, 10:01 AM
Saw that one coming a mile away. Went and posted my soccer dream anyway.

Braden
12-30-2002, 10:03 AM
I dream about Helena Bonham Carter all the time, if it makes you feel any better.

Suntzu
12-30-2002, 10:08 AM
I dreamt last nite that my job was tryin to kidnap me and use me for experiments… and when I finally thot I was gonna get away… the security guard snuck and gave me some type of shot… u know with the big gun needle… and than I woke up… at like 5 in the morn'n... u know i was ****ed...

eulerfan
12-30-2002, 10:11 AM
CSN

Dude!!! CARL!!!!!

Okay, we need a frylock and a shake and we'll have the whole show represented. That show is quickly becoming the only reason I watch adult swim, now. Even Sealab isnt' doing it for me anymore.

Xebsball
12-30-2002, 10:11 AM
There have been other threads on this subject before.

Its not really directly related to martial arts i think, becouse i used to have that slow motion fight dream when i was a kid and didnt do any martial arts.
But a few dreams later it was over, that is when in a nightmare i killed a vampire (i think it was Dracula himself) by ripping its heart out of its chest. Then never had slow mo dream again.

red5angel
12-30-2002, 10:12 AM
hehe, Braden, I dream alot about Helena too because she has to be the hottest woman on the face of this planet!!! I went out to check out a website on her and she is so hot you have to be over 18 just to get in!!!!

Imagine that EW comes up with the balls joke......;)

Chang Style Novice
12-30-2002, 10:17 AM
eulerfan -

You know about the new years eve adult swim marathon, right?

Now get outta my pool!

ewallace
12-30-2002, 10:24 AM
Moving to fight her was like moving through molassas
While I'm on track with the corny jokes...

A family of moles were roaming the tunnels of their underground home. Since it was dark, they had to rely on their sense of smell. While trying to find the way out of their tunnel, the father mole stops and says "Hmm, I smell honey". The mother mole, who was directly behind the father mole, says "That's odd, I smell syrup". The baby mole, lined up behind the father and mother moles, said in his tiny voice "The only thing that I smell is molassas".

The Willow Sword
12-30-2002, 10:30 AM
yeeeeeyuk yuk yuk yuk! hwa hwa hwaaaa!:D

eulerfan
12-30-2002, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
eulerfan -

You know about the new years eve adult swim marathon, right?

Now get outta my pool!

Ooooh, yeah. I've got to remember to set my VCR.

And I'm not swimming. I'm just splashing the water a bit.

Braden
12-30-2002, 10:37 AM
Helena is truly gorgeous.

Truly, truly gorgeous.

Her in Mary Shelley's Frankenstein makes me weep.

Novocaine has a very special place in my heart though.

P.S. I too cherish Way of the Gun.

red5angel
12-30-2002, 10:40 AM
yeeeeah baby!!!!! There are quite a few european films I would like to catch her in as well.......although I have to admit as messed up as she was in Fight Club she still looked disturbingly good...

dezhen2001
12-30-2002, 12:21 PM
i remember seeing HBC in a movie/feature length production of Merlin a few years back... dunno if u guys got it over there? it was pretty cool :D

dawood

red5angel
12-30-2002, 12:25 PM
Dezhen, got it on DVD just about two weeks ago!!!

Braden
12-30-2002, 12:26 PM
Yes! With that guy from Event Horizon playing Merlin, and James Earl Jones' Voice as an Ancient of the Mountain!

dezhen2001
12-30-2002, 12:34 PM
excalamtion marks d.amn u guys r fanatics LOL
(kinda o/t) did anyone see the one of Aladdin with Jason Scott Lee in it? :D

dawood

Braden
12-30-2002, 12:36 PM
No. Aladdin!? You fantasy nerd.

:D :D :D

dezhen2001
12-30-2002, 12:48 PM
i did just go and see LOTR2 a few days ago and also Harry potter 2 as well:o actually that was more coz i liked him in Dragon the Bruce Lee story and also coz of the chik ;)

dawood

rubthebuddha
12-30-2002, 12:49 PM
merlin? i saw that on the hallmark network (bad sign already), and i was amazed at how horrible the movie was. i watched it out of respect for the proper movie "excalibur" and a fondness for the subject matter, but the movie's only saving grace was james earl jones. even HBC was disappointing, and that hurts to say. :mad:

even xebby may remember me complaining to him on aol-im about how horrible it was.

note: i pointed out to my roomie that lancelot looked a bit like a nancy boy, and she responded, "does lancelot ever NOT look like a nancy boy?"

red5angel
12-30-2002, 01:01 PM
Yes Rub, it wasn't all that good but HBC looked good as always no matter how bad the acting may have been. She's hotter then your mom in high heels and short skirt anyway! ;)
I thought Alladdin was pretty good though, for a made for TV movie anyway.

"No. Aladdin!? You fantasy nerd."

Uh oh Dezhen those sound like fighting words to me.....

dezhen2001
12-30-2002, 01:23 PM
no need to fight i am a nerd :D and the object of fantasies :cool:

LOL!

dawood

Xebsball
12-30-2002, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by rubthebuddha
even xebby may remember me complaining to him on aol-im about how horrible it was.

most definately i remember, yes i do :D

GunnedDownAtrocity
12-30-2002, 06:28 PM
"CSN, just stop playing with your own balls while you sleep. This should alleviate your problem."

yeah ... for real .... much better to play with my balls while you sleep.

rubthebuddha
12-31-2002, 12:02 AM
would it still be considered a wet dream if you came while he was asleep?

Chang Style Novice
12-31-2002, 07:24 AM
good idea GDA, especially since I'm having dreams about soccer.

rubthebuddha
12-31-2002, 09:29 AM
how many times can you kick them consecutively and keep them in the air?