PDA

View Full Version : Next Shaolin Festival - Attn: Gene

firepalm
12-31-2002, 01:09 AM
Gene could you please advise when the next Shaolin Festival should occur & how difficult is it to visit at that time. Any info is greatly appreciated.
Cheers!:confused:

GeneChing
12-31-2002, 10:08 AM
...but I don't have the exact dates yet. I'll ask around and find out. Let me get back to you on this. I've been waiting for our web calandar to come back on line before I started chasing down dates like this.

The Shaolin Festival is the best and worst time to go. It's more expensive and there are more tourists. A week later, prices for everything drop significantly. But also there are more monks and students from all over the world. Many return for the festival. And it's such a spectacle. I love going to the festival. It's the best time to see the most friends, not only the monks, but many of the international students I've met over the years.

Lokhopkuen
01-02-2003, 09:35 AM
The Eighth International Festival of Shaolin wushu will be held from September,1 to September 5,_ 2003. Our group is planning a trip there again and we will probably all compete again as well.
Peace

Lokhopkuen:)

Lokhopkuen
01-02-2003, 09:36 AM
The Eighth International Festival of Shaolin wushu will be held from September,1 to September 5,_ 2003. Our group is planning a trip there again and we will probably all compete again as well.
Peace

Lokhopkuen:)

Check out this web site for info about the festival at: http://digilander.libero.it/shaolinwushufestival/Eng.htm

GeneChing
01-09-2003, 06:51 PM
I just heard from Venerable Abbot Shi Yongxin that they might postpone the festival this year until the new freeway is completed. There's a possibility that it might get pushed back to October. Brrr. Chilly. No confirmation yet but I'll update here if I hear anymore.