PDA

View Full Version : Bay Area Bagua or Hsing I

kungfuyou
12-31-2002, 03:18 PM
Anybody know of a good school or teacher in the bay area? Only one I am familiar with is Sifu Wing Lam. I'm looking for something more on the other side of the bay, east bay or Tri Valley area preferably.

Thanks for the info!! :D

BAI HE
12-31-2002, 08:43 PM
Check out www.emptyflower.com, a good site
and a few left-coasters over there will be able to
direct you to what you seek.

I.M. Toast
01-02-2003, 12:30 AM
Bagua or Hsing-i on the East bay? Check out stillnessinmotion.com. They are out of El Cerrito. Also, the O-mei acadamy sifu in San Leandro gives private lessons in Hsing-i. If any other names come to mind, I will let you know.

I.M.T.

kungfuyou
01-02-2003, 09:22 AM
Thank you for the responses. If I may ask, what are the reputations of these instructors? I'm not too familiar with these styles instructors and who does have a good and not so good rep, so any information would help.

Do you have the # to the O-mei Academy or a way to get any contact info??

thanks

GeneChing
01-02-2003, 10:25 AM
That's where I currently study Xingyi. Sifu Chen doesn't teach the Xingyi usually, so I take privates with him. His primary Taiji/Xingyi/Bagua instructor is Dr. Johnny Jang, a U.S. national champion (1987-1991.)

Previously, I studied both Bagua and Xingyi under Wing Lam, but only on a superficial level. My focus there was on Bak Sil Lum.

Walter Joyce
01-02-2003, 10:34 AM
Bernie Langan at Stillness in Motion has an excellent reputation. Some of his students, and a coiple of his kung-fu brothers visit here, so I will defer to their comments, otherthan to say that he is an excellent martial artist and teacher.

kungfuyou
01-02-2003, 11:17 AM
This is good to know!! :) Thank you all for the replies!! I look forward to looking into both these schools here in the near future!! :)

Leimeng
01-02-2003, 05:32 PM
~Look for a guy named Scott Jensen. I hear that he has some pretty decent Hsing Yi and Tai Chi.

Peace

BAI HE
01-03-2003, 08:10 AM
Mr. Langan is my teacher's Kung-Fu
brother. According to my teacher his
skill level is extrodinary.

His teacher is Luo Dexiu.

cha kuen
01-04-2003, 07:05 PM
I recommend checking out Mike patterson's website. He has a teacher's directory with people that he's met and seen their skill first hand.

I trust his recommendations because he's pretty **** good. There are also MPEGS on his website.

hsing yi , pa kua, tai chi directory (http://www.hsing-i.com/teachers/index.html)

kung fu books (http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&include=0&userid=taichimaster06&sort=3&rows=25&since=-1)

kungfuyou
01-06-2003, 09:33 AM
Great link!! Thanks!!