PDA

View Full Version : So my leg's a mess, now what?

Chang Style Novice
01-01-2003, 07:15 AM
Okay, as I've stated elsewhere, I sustained an unpleasant injury to my left leg (running down a staircase, not training) I want to keep weight off the leg until it feels okay, and turning my foot at the ankle strains whatever is injured up further up - the pain is at the outer calf. I'm already taking Gold Spear herb treatment, but I don't just want to sit around getting fat(ter.) I don't have free weights or anything much like them in my apartment except (maybe, I can't find it) one of those physical therapy rubberbands from a couple of years ago.

Aside from seated and prone meditation and crunches and opposed tension excercises (or whatever those are called) what do you suggest I do to not turn into even more of a worthless blob of suet?

(repost from main forum)

FatherDog
01-01-2003, 12:03 PM
I asked a similar question here

http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17558

ewallace
01-02-2003, 01:18 PM
swim. No pool? There are plenty of lakes around. And numerous hotels have indoor pools that can be...uh...borrowed.

SevenStar
01-03-2003, 01:05 AM
yeah, go jump in a lake.

scotty1
01-04-2003, 05:55 PM
Masturbation is the key.

AndyM
01-04-2003, 06:22 PM
Hi CSN,

Sorry to hear about your injury.

One thing you should definitely check out is the supplement 'Glucosamine sulphate', as it s believed to draw nutrients for muscle repair to the areas that need them most.

I completely snapped my Achilles Tendon back in July last year, and I believe this has definitely been of benefit to me.

Don't wanna be an amateur physio here, but go see one!

Good luck with it!

Andy

shaolinboxer
01-05-2003, 09:48 AM
Well, it's the perfect chance to study the difference between "full" and "empty".

Swimming was a great suggestion. And the abs are the first thing to go so don't ignore situps.