PDA

View Full Version : Iron body training: what is the safest way to do it?

humblewarrior
08-20-2000, 11:14 PM
I have read that it is dangerous to have someone hit you with staffs or sticks. I think it is also dangerous for someone to hit you with bags filled with rocks. I like the method utilized by Benny Uriquez where someone give you light punches all over your body, except for your throat or joints. I think a medicine ball is also ok. wing Lam once described a southern breathing set called iron thread which can help to toughen your body against blows, which is supposed to be less harsh than having someone hitting you with hard objects. Are these methods all really safe? I also do not wnat to do anything that would require me to take any kind of internal medication. I would apprecite any advice that you guys could give me.

illusionfist
08-21-2000, 12:13 AM
The iron thread set that you are describing is the most advanced set in hung gar. Some people think that it will give you iron body skill, but it is a very much debated topic. Unfortunately i cannot comment on it because i do not know the form. But what i do know is that iron body skill is not the form's principle focus. So if iron body skill is achieved it is only a secondary effect.

Iron body skill is just like Iron Palm, learn it from a good (and qualified) instructor.

Peace /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

humblewarrior
08-22-2000, 01:24 AM
Are ther any fraudulent methods that I should be aware of?

DF
08-22-2000, 09:46 AM
If the seniors students of the school are all cripple, I will be concern with the training methods.

DF

DF
08-22-2000, 09:48 AM
hi Illusionfist,

I guess I 'll be the first troll here.

Trolling is fun.

see you later man

DF

md1
11-18-2000, 04:07 AM
we do iron body training without hitting the body 50 exs., 2 chi forms, power form. not very smart to hit the body over & over without the proper supervsion or herbs. most of the time you have to start very young. must be done 3 times aday, can be done 1 aday 6 days a week to get strong and stay healthy

Kung Lek
11-21-2000, 11:06 PM
The safest way to learn Iron body/Shirt/vest/palm skills is to have them taught to you by a teacher who has acheived the skills themselves.

This way, you can be assured that you will be training correctly. especially if the teacher shows no physical evidence of damage or hardness.

The Iron Palm when done correctly should not feel any different than a regular hand. Callouses? What callouses? We don' need no stinkin callouses!

ha ha ha.

seriously though, these specific "KUNG" exercises should be learned from a qualified teacher without question!

peace

Kung Lek

Seal6
11-22-2000, 06:38 PM
In our version that is called Iron Wire because threads break easy, while Wires are strong yet flexible. Hence the name of the set.
Hitting techniques also can be best done in my experience by a slow process,it takes months and years to create the desired Iron body effect.

illusionfist
11-22-2000, 10:14 PM
It's all tit sin kuen in the end.

Peace /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif