PDA

View Full Version : After qigong practise

_William_
01-01-2003, 04:19 PM
After practising qigong, is it ok if I feel a sort of flighty, not quite "grounded" feeling, and slightly unfocused? The feeling goes away with physical activity(ie. jumping jacks)

Thanks,
_William_

_William_
01-01-2003, 10:15 PM
hmmm.. I can't consult my sifu today about this, since classes are held on weekends.

Would bringing the feet together and bringing the hands up while inhaling, and then pushing your hands down while exhaling suffice?

Thanks

Cheese Dog
01-02-2003, 12:37 AM
William:
Guohen is right, after chi gung you definitely need to return your chi to you dan tien. The method I was taught was simply to place your hands, with the left hand on top, leftpalm touching the back of your right hand and the right palm 1 or 2 in. away from your dan tien (for males; women should have thier right hand on top). Keeping your tongue on the roof of your mouth slowly breath in and out while imagining the chi all flowing into your dan tien and being stored there. I usually do this for at least 2-3 minutes.

dfedorko@mindspring.com
01-02-2003, 05:59 AM
This is a very good question. I must say though that even after a "Qigong cool-down" I still have the feeling which last for some time (don't know how long; never paid attention). Could it be a style of Qigong or the person practicing a Qigong. I'm sure everyone reacts differently. Appreciate the question William thanks.

An jie
01-08-2003, 04:51 PM
I think many of the comments are valid and have good information. It is true that you should have more energy after practice than before you started, however you should not feel unsettled or flighty. Often as qiogng students, we do not meditate as long as we should. Frequently, I look upon my qigong practice as that of preparing a large meal. It is inevitable that you will have left over food(qi) and so of course you would not leave that extra food on the table. You need to put all the food in containers(meridians or channels) and then put it all in the refrigerator( dan tien) for later use. We do this by meditating.
Bottom line, qigong without meditation is , most likely, just physical conditioning.( a radical statement I know)
what do you think?????????

dfedorko@mindspring.com
01-09-2003, 05:42 AM
A very good comment. I do Dragon gate Qigong to accomplish both qigong and meditation. I've been doing dragon gate and, for me, it is THE routine.