PDA

View Full Version : Wing chun vs. Muay thai: which art is better for the street?

humblewarrior
08-22-2000, 09:48 PM
same as topic.

golden dragon
08-22-2000, 10:08 PM
Why do you want to know?
From all your previous posting, you are so afraid of getting hurt.
Dont you know that fighting will get you hurt.
How about another hobbie like arts and crafts.

humblewarrior
08-22-2000, 10:15 PM
I am well aware that fighting will get you hurt. However, I do not see the need to get permanently hurt. That defeats the purpose of martial arts, which is to protect your well-being.

bong
08-23-2000, 01:28 AM
I have seen very few WC schools in which a student gets to "experience" a REAL punch, one with intent to harm, while the Muy Thai guys I know, get the experience of real intent.

benny
08-23-2000, 09:53 AM
i can tell you ive experienced heaps of "real" punches at training.

hummble warrior i already answered this in the wing chun section but how many times are you going to ask it

JHWSS
08-24-2000, 06:07 AM
San soo is the dominating combat art

granola
08-24-2000, 06:49 AM
I agree and disagree with the earlier post.
In mui thai you will definitly get much more of a beating, and will train you to take punches and kicks.
However, it is only kickboxing, and as such is a very primitive martial art.
You will learn much more from Wing Chun in the long term.
I would suggest doing 6-12 months of mui thai to learn the basics of punching and kicking, as well as getting in shape and toughening up. Then go into Wing Chun and don't look back.

------------------
-= grAnola =-

JHWSS
08-25-2000, 02:39 AM
Good Im glad to see everyone agree with me!

vingtsunstudent
08-25-2000, 11:54 AM
as should already be known it is not so much the art that is better but the person using it.as i have said before that i have seen fighters who have never even trained in any arts and could probably kick 90 percent of our asses on their natural ability & mind set alone.so make up your own mind as you have to enjoy what you are doing.
having said that,'go the ving tsun fist'

JHWSS
08-26-2000, 07:34 AM
Ving Tsun? is that arussian art. Maybe somethingf like sambo. HMMM it sounds russian. Just playing. I respect you and your art. Have a good day.

word
08-27-2000, 02:37 AM
San Soo is garbage. You're better off training kickboxing or boxing or muay thai than san soo.

JHWSS
08-27-2000, 02:46 AM
You must have gotten beat up by a san soo fighter. Its ok it happens all the time. You win some and you lose some. If you recommend muay thai or boxing you train in one or both and have nnever had the balls to enter a san soo school!

sui-fuw
09-27-2000, 12:45 AM
hey guys
you don't seem to know what SAN SAU IS.
BUNCH OF IDIOTS....stay talking on who got the best styles.not ready for kung fu.