PDA

View Full Version : CLC said

Sui
01-03-2003, 09:27 PM
"why should i work hard by teaching when my students can teach for me?"---1954

fiercest tiger
01-03-2003, 09:38 PM
Maybe thats why there is SO many different versions of some of the forms!!? You have been holding out on me BRO!;)

HAPPY NEW YEAR
FT

meltdawn
01-03-2003, 10:29 PM
"why should i work hard by practicing when i can act like i know what i'm talking about on kungfuonline?"---2003

Bolt
01-09-2003, 10:44 AM
FT - so many versions ... heck, he had 18 schools, and look at the spread since then. Not to mention the other branches.
MD - Should you be so smart with your si-gung ?? Ha!
Custom - don't be sensitive here .... especially with these folks. Many folks here constantly prod each other - mostly in good natured way. I'm sure Sui was there in '54 to hear that quote (not). And yes, there are variations of the forms - in content, structure and quantity, et al.

fiercest tiger
01-09-2003, 08:13 PM
my comment wasnt to start trouble...there is so many different versions of every form, and every bak mei in every country is different. sek sze is in guangzhou what ive seen is different to vietnam sek sze, as well as day sut and 9 step the list goes on. Remember all students of clc was taught didfferently.

well most!!

bolt,

yes, eighteen branches......ykm grandmaster has alot of branches in guangzhou of bak mei as well.

so there isnt no right way or wrong way just differences in some ways to perform and techniques.

FT:)

fiercest tiger
01-10-2003, 03:04 PM
Hi,

sek sze = rock lion form
day sut = ground killing form

who and where do you study pak mei?:)

regards
'FT:)

Bolt
01-10-2003, 03:41 PM
As example of variations, my style's sup gee includes both the sup gee and the sek sze consolidated to one form.
We have no day sut - don't really need it, as all *I* need to do to kill ground is take my shoes off after a long day. HA!

tnwingtsun
01-12-2003, 06:20 AM
I may be mistaken,is not the "sek sze" pattern
named after a Sifu?

CLC or perhaps after one of his pre-Bai-Mei Sifus??

fiercest tiger
01-12-2003, 03:03 PM
HOWS THINGS BUDDY?:)

yes, supposively from lam sek sifu. I was taught that it was called dai sup jee kuen and later was changed to sek sze kuen. why the change?

:)

FT

tnwingtsun
01-14-2003, 06:47 AM
I don't know but I'll ask Sifu very soon

Yum Cha
01-14-2003, 05:58 PM
Hello guys and Gal. Happy New Year to everybody.

Sui, what can we take from this Quote? Hmmmm.....

Was GM CLC with Nam Ging by 1954? This was the re-birth of the Pak Mei Pai for all practical purposes, it was together that they re-built the Hong Kong association, am I correct?

Could it be that Grand Master was overwhelmed with talented students and strong si hings? He was not a young man in 1954... Perhaps one could consider him "retired" insomuch as a Grand Master ever retires...

Perhaps he simply had confidence in the abilities of the next generation....

One could also infer that anybody studying with the pai after said date...

As for the differences in Pak Mei. Perhaps there are differences in the patterns, but are there any difference in the fundamentals?

R
01-14-2003, 07:12 PM
He was still grateful to the first three masters of different styles and clans for teaching him. For the purpose of memorializing them Great Grand Master chose some of their best martial arts passed on to him as his teaching materials, he reserved the actions in their martial art sets but used the fundamental principles of the Pak Mei Clan to modify the usage of the waist and stands and the production of power theory....there are also the “Sap Gee Kau Da Kuen” passed on by Master Shek, the “Sam Mun Tsui” passed on by master Lee Yee, the “Ying Jow Nim Kiu Kuen” passed on by Master Lam Ah Hop, and the “ Say Mun Bart Gwer Kuen” and “Tit Tiel Kuen” created by Great Grand Master Cheung Lai Chuen by mixing the vitalities of the different martial art clans which he had learned and the latter set is for practice of combat by two persons.

http://www.pak-mei-lai-chuen-association.com/

the official version (hey don't blame me :))

R

tnwingtsun
01-16-2003, 01:55 AM
Is the link you gave CHEUNG Bing Lam's official site?

May I ask which Bai Mei group you belong to?

Sui

Chen Dor at 75 years old showed that he could teach
with little effort,perhaps one of CLC's best students.

"Whats the sound of three hands clapping?"

The same as two.;)

Tiger on Duty
01-23-2003, 11:25 PM
our new website is up with vids and pics www.chinesemartialarts.org.nz the vids arnt great but give u an idea of what we are doing.
also remeber those 18 schools where not pure pak mei schoolds they where defeated kung fu schools who still taught a mix of their original kung fu and pak mei which also adds to the diversity of pak mei.