PDA

View Full Version : Gung Fu School in North-Central Ohio?

mdubs
01-07-2003, 10:36 AM
I live near Sandusky, OH. and I'm looking for a good school to go to around here. Please let me know of any within 30-45 minutes of here. (preferably closer :) ) Thanks alot. Feel free to share your opinions about the school as well, I'm also not sure on which style I'll go for yet. Thanks again.

Rockwood
01-07-2003, 02:53 PM
Master Tony Yang

www.wutangcenter.com

-JessO

red5angel
01-07-2003, 02:58 PM
If you are near Canton or Cleveland then Carl Dechiara is near there, he teaches wingchun and taichi.

www.wing-chun.nu

doggitb
01-07-2003, 04:27 PM
mdubs i am also from sandusky ohio i have been looking for a good school for a while i have been unable to locate anything with classes during the day i was looking for a good bjj or kung fu school if u find anything let me know also mdubs what is your age

mdubs
01-07-2003, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I am 21 with a little previoius experience in Tae Kwon Do. I remember how much I used to enjoy my lessons, and I'm eager to start again in a different area.

Water Dragon
01-07-2003, 07:21 PM
doggitb and mdubs,
You two should workout together. If Tony Yang is close to you guys, you could road trip it once a week to once a month. Work on the basics together.

sigmus
01-07-2003, 09:30 PM
mdubs

I heard of a school in norwalk,oh that you may want to check
out. It is called The Calasanz System, they teach a variety
of MA. Their website is; www.calasanz.com

Good luck

mdubs
01-07-2003, 09:58 PM
I'm gonna be sure to check that out, I live about 2 minutes from Norwalk. Hopefully it ends up being a good school, thanks for the link and doggit, if you'd like to get in touch with me I'm sure we can get a discount or something for going together. Let me know if you're interested. Thanks everyone. :)

mdubs
01-07-2003, 10:06 PM
hahaha, just realized that it's in Norwalk, CT... Not Norwalk, OH. :) Thanks for trying to help, very much appreciated. I WISH that dojo were near me though, looks pretty interesting..

rubthebuddha
01-07-2003, 10:07 PM
mdubs,

toldja. :)

sigmus
01-08-2003, 04:24 PM
mdubs

Very sorry about that information. That school was listed
in an Ohio directory. How far are you willing to drive for
a good school ?

mdubs
01-08-2003, 06:15 PM
Well sigmus, I'd prefer to only have to drive about 30-45 minutes, but I understand that probably won't happen. There isn't much in this area so that closest and most promising one I've found so far is the wu tang center that someone posted earlier. I think I may try that one out (although it's almost an hour and a half away)..

sigmus
01-10-2003, 10:53 AM
mdubs

Here is another good choice for your consideration. The
school is in north olmstead which is a lot closer for you
then akron. www.shao-lin.net