PDA

View Full Version : Kfm Nob

KC Elbows
01-07-2003, 11:22 AM
All right, ****it, I'm calling an event here. I'm sick of coming in Monday morning to find all of your posts about 'hey, what beer are you drinking' and all, so I'm getting off work tonight, and, since my wife will be working, I will be writing in one window, posting here in another, and drinking a beer, dark please.

What other windows I have open is non of your god d@mned business.:mad:

Anyway, I'm dedicating tonight, Tuesday January 7, 2003, as the first official Kung Fu Magazine Night Of Beers.

I don't care if you're sporting dark beer, schlitz, even if you want to bring some lemonady drinks, I want every body able to drink one or more drinks to come on here, even if just for a minute, and celebrate the two pillars of humanity: kung fu and beer.

I said what other windows I have open is non of your god d@mned business.:mad:

Anyway, bring your beers, your lynchburg lemonades, your Mike's hard orange drinks, special dispensations will be passed out for those unable to drink so that you may still go to the promised land despite your inequities, and last but not least WHAT GOES ON IN MY OTHER WINDOWS IS NONE OF YOUR GOD D@MNED BUSINESS!:mad:

Chang Style Novice
01-07-2003, 11:25 AM
Sorry, I won't be posting tonight. I just made arrangements to see a double feature of "Five Shaolin Masters of Death" and "Crippled Avengers" at the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema.

So I will be celebrating the twin pillars of Kungfu and beer, at least.

red5angel
01-07-2003, 11:27 AM
I am there! A bass in one hand and my Corgi in the other....uh never mind....

eulerfan
01-07-2003, 11:30 AM
I have four cans of the best beer in the world in my fridge.

Belhaven.

MMMMMMMMMMMM.

Chang Style Novice
01-07-2003, 11:34 AM
I respectfuly disagree. The best beer in the world is brewed right here in TEXAS! YEEEEEEEEHAW!

ftr, I refer to the Blanco Brewing Company's Full Moon Pale Rye Ale. Bitter, red and complex, just like me!

KC Elbows
01-07-2003, 11:39 AM
It's okay Chang Style, as long as you hold to the two virtues(beer and kung fu), you may return to the temple when your travels are done.

I've got some deciding to do. I wanted a beer sunday, but I couldn't get one, because in Kansas, you can't buy beer on Sunday. I'm willing to bet you can buy meth on sunday, but hey, who am I to question the the law.:rolleyes:

Guinness is always good, but I'm also fond of Sierra Nevada for a change. I might go with one of those.

So hard to choose.

Red5, for the record, during the KUNG FU MAGAZINE NIGHT OF BEERS, what you have in your non-beer-bearing hand is none of my d@mned business!:mad:

red5angel
01-07-2003, 11:40 AM
coughBasscough

Whew! CSN I thought for a minute you were going to bring up that most horrid of beers, lonestar......

ewallace
01-07-2003, 11:50 AM
I haven't had a drop of beer in over three months now. I will not be joining in the evenings' festivities. Plus I have much better things to do in the evening then to post messages with all you losers.

KC Elbows
01-07-2003, 11:57 AM
I haven't had a drop of beer in over three months now. I will not be joining in the evenings' festivities. Plus I have much better things to do in the evening then to post messages with all you losers.

That's okay, we'll just put the link to your pic on here, and it will be just like you're here, except without all of the whining.:p :D

red5angel
01-07-2003, 11:59 AM
What are you trying to say exactly EW?

dezhen2001
01-07-2003, 11:59 AM
i dont drink but i have to work tonight from 10pm-3am :( But i will be online the whole time :cool:

dawood

Oso
01-07-2003, 12:00 PM
eulerfan, I've had Belhaven Scottish before...is that what you
are referring too?

I'll be there late though...got to help my girlfriend pick up her
prints at the gallery then go to the gym for a while to stave
off the effects of all this beer drinking.

The only reason I work out is to keep eating and drinking
like I used to as a kid.

KC...your windows are showing....

eulerfan
01-07-2003, 12:04 PM
Yeah, that's the one.

Have you tried the Guinness in the bottle? It's sh!te. It tastes all watery.

red5angel
01-07-2003, 12:11 PM
guinness watery, riiiiiiiiiiiight......

neptunesfall
01-07-2003, 12:14 PM
i'm not allowed to drink for another 100 days :mad:
someone have a drink for me.

Oso
01-07-2003, 12:32 PM
I like most scottish ales, I thought Sam Adams had a decent one but sweeter than most.

The new bottle or the old bottle. I agree about the new bottle
guiness being watery and the old bottle guiness was just plain
bitter w/o much flavor. If you can't get guiness on tap then the
pub can is the next best, and portable. Around here you have to
ask to make sure the idiot's haven't hooked the guiness up w/
CO2 instead of nitrogen.

r5a: if you havn't tried the guiness pub can you might. It's kinda
like drinking beer flavored milk. And it goes great with pecan pie.

FatherDog
01-07-2003, 01:11 PM
I'm fond of Harps, Honey Brown, Stella Artois, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, and Corona.

And Yuengling lager isn't too bad for the price.

Just about any beer is better on tap, in my opinion, but in the better ales the difference is more pronounced.

cogg
01-07-2003, 01:56 PM
Im here with 3 stella artois left...niiice.
over here we call stella: wifebeater

LONG LIVE KUNG FU AND BEER...and a little smoke

MightyB
01-07-2003, 02:06 PM
Heck,

It's **** near 5pm Eastern standard and I go home. I'll drink a few tonight, but I won't be posting.

I go to Houston for work occasionally and I've had a local Texas beer called Shinerbock. It wasn't too bad. Never had the one you all are talking about, but next time I'm in Houston, I'll have one.

For the record, there's only three kinds of beer in the world: Warm, Cold, and Free. Guess which one I like the best.

red5angel
01-07-2003, 02:20 PM
I like guinness one way, half and half with cider, it makes a great snakebite but otherwise can stomach it.
Sam Adams on the other hand is not too bad, a little bitter in the end for me most of the time but ok other wise.

fa_jing
01-07-2003, 02:35 PM
Well, one of the most successful threads I've ever started was about beer. It is called OT: Beer for all you interested parties. I will break my long beerfast tonight as I respect this call to a bent arm. I've got a couple Heinies left. Love Carlsburg, Grolsch, Guiness is nice with a BLUNT, no British beers, corona, Negra modelo, Yuengling is nice! Franziskaner, English Bay rum from Barbados, Colombian rum, martinis are all nice. No powders or chemical hallucinagenics here, my friend (anymore . :eek: :D :cool: )

Oh, and
TEQUILA!

red5angel
01-07-2003, 02:43 PM
What in gods name is going on here? What's with all the beer fast, beer breaks, not drinking beer mofos?!
Is this a problem in europe or other countries?
If there is one thing God, Mohommad, Mother nature, etc.. gave us that is good, it's beer and it should not be neglected as heavens necter!!!

Oso
01-07-2003, 02:51 PM
maybe it's a sign of age but my favorite drink now is
simply gin & tonic. Bombay blue is the best.

New year's eve was tequila shots w/ G & T chasers.

r5a: tried the snakebite thing and thought it was a waste
of good beer. But, only as the combo 'cause I like cider.
it was just odd together. The SA Lager is pretty good
and they used to make a good scottish that was a little
on the sweet side but with just enought bitterness.

and I'll second the 'heaven's nectar' bit. Aren't the Babylonians
or Sumerians credited with figuring out what rotten wheat gives
us?

cogg
01-07-2003, 02:52 PM
you get free guiness once a year over here to celebrate st. patricks day....... mmmmmm free guiness.

KC Elbows
01-07-2003, 02:52 PM
In ten glorious minutes, I am leaving work, stopping by the liquor store, buying some glorious beer, going home, and the night of beer will begin.

Now, let us bow our heads and remember those who can no longer have beer with us. God save their souls. May they still have kung fu.

Now let's have their beer!:D

cogg
01-07-2003, 03:01 PM
GIVE US YOUR BEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

red5angel
01-07-2003, 03:08 PM
amen brother KC!

Oso, for whatever reason I really like the metalic taste you get from that combination. However the last time I had it a freind of mine decided she was going to buy me not one, but two pitchers of the stuff. By the time we got to the bar across the street to see another friend play I couldn't see 12 feet in front of me!

and whoever is responsible for bringing us beer is worthy of many praises and sacrifices to the gods of things that ferment!

Heh, I would have to say the only drink I like more then beer is good old mead, but it has to be done right, none of that crappy honey wine.

KC Elbows
01-07-2003, 04:58 PM
Hey, here's a good way to make a friend.

SCENE: I ENTER STORE, PERFECTLY HAPPY.

LIQUOR STORE MERCHANT: Hey, looking forward to that beer, eh?

ME: That's right.

LIQUOR STORE MERCHANT: You look like you could use one.

ME: Huh?

VOICES IN MY HEAD: KILL HIM! KILL THE TACTLESS LIQUOR STORE MERCHANT!

LIQUOR STORE MERCHANT: I know how you feel.

VOICES IN MY HEAD: PUNCTURE HIS SKULL WITH THE NEAREST BAMBOO TUBE AND SUCK OUT HIS BRAINS LIKE HE'S NOTHING MORE THAN A HUMAN JUICE BOX!!

ME: Really?

LIQUOR STORE MERCHANT: Yeah.

ME: Cool. I thought it was just me.

LIQUOR STORE MERCHANT: Nah, I've had those days, too.

Nevertheless, here I sit, with my Sierra Nevada wheat beer. Oh happy days.:D

quiet man
01-07-2003, 06:18 PM
Well, I don't drink beer but I know what I like :D :

1. Guinness

2. Murphy's

3. Foster's
4. Sapporo
3. Kilkenny

... and I'm not eligible for beer NIGHT either, what with being on GMT+1 and all :( ...

fa_jing
01-07-2003, 06:44 PM
Still working (support from home), today was busy but it's time for a little break, still more to do (an installation) but happy with a heineken, picked up the habit of a little pinch of salt rubbed into the neck. KC, talk about affecting others! I'm hundreds of miles away from you and you've caused me to drink a beer or two on a night where I would have had none. 'cause I usually am sort of too lazy to drink. I also logged off of my computer at work, just to post this through my home Internet access without implying that I'm working drunk, and now I have to go through a long process to get logged back on to do what I was doing - my, what a refreshing belch - so make up something funny to say when I'm gone. Talk amongst yourselves, ya know?

GeneChing
01-07-2003, 06:46 PM
But I must also plug Anchor Steam - not only is it a local favorite, I'm friends with one of the brewers and he takes my volunteer organization on great tours.

I also enjoy Orval, when I can afford it, which is just about never.

Oso
01-07-2003, 06:50 PM
"Riddle me this brother can you handle it
Your style to my style you can't hold a candle to it
Equinox symmetry and the balance is right
Smokin' and drinkin' on a Tuesday night
It's not how you play the game it's how you win it"

ok, no smokin' but the sentiment is there...

and where the hell is everyone?????

well, KC, I have a G & T in hand...feeling pretty good about
running 2 miles in 13:31 tonight....in need a shower though...

and, yea, people can say the stupidest things...I've had 2
supposed webmasters email me in an attempt to sell me their
services and both outright insulted my website.:rolleyes:

I know my website sucks but, ****...insulting it is not
going to get me to buy your services.

Ok, so here's my toast...some of you will recognize it:

"To Us and those like US..."

Oso
01-07-2003, 06:53 PM
Did you have Orval out of the official gold rimmed Orval
glass?

I tried it but it was not at all to my liking.

And what are a bunch of monks doing knowing about brewing
anyway????

KC Elbows
01-07-2003, 07:28 PM
Well, I had a couple of those Sierras. Nice to just sit and relax. I can't say I've gotten much writing done tonight, but there's still time. I'm glad I was able to give you a good excuse for a break, fa_jing, and quiet man, I'm assuming you're talking about the time zone you're in in that country of yours, croatatanzanistan or whatever.:D However, I'm sure you can enjoy one later, or earlier, whichecher it is that is better.

And Oso, glad you're enjoying one.

Gene, I haven't had the beers you're discussing. I'll have to try them some other Night of Beers.

To us and those like us.

dezhen2001
01-07-2003, 07:33 PM
30mins of work left to go and im bored out of my (hairless) skull :(
all i've had to drink is a cherry coke as well :(

dawood

KC Elbows
01-07-2003, 07:52 PM
You're nearly done! And you have cherry coke!

Okay, I'm clearly trying to cheer you up. Did the exclamation points help?

fa_jing
01-07-2003, 07:56 PM
OK, still working, getting ****ed. I mean emotionally, not inebriating myself. Ate a fine dinner, (pasta shells with homemade sauce, polish sausage cooked in a small toaster oven)
Cracked open my second and last beer. Where's Red5 at? The rest of you drunken monkeys? Beer at 7 pm on a Tuesday is quite nice, but beer at 1:00 PM on a Sunday is priceless. Gonna finish up work now.

dezhen2001
01-07-2003, 09:04 PM
im done, im at home! thanks for helping me survive KC :eek:
**** what a way to spend my b'day :(

dawood

Serpent
01-07-2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by dezhen2001
im done, im at home! thanks for helping me survive KC :eek:
**** what a way to spend my b'day :(

dawood

Really!?

Happy Birthday man!

dezhen2001
01-07-2003, 09:10 PM
the west coast USA is 8 hours behind uk, which is why it doesnt show yet lol, yup im 23 :cool: and very tired... 4.15am here :D

dawood

Serpent
01-07-2003, 09:12 PM
Ah, blessed are the young! ;)

dezhen2001
01-07-2003, 09:14 PM
**** your just trying to get your post count higher :p this 'young' is in deep doo-doo right now though

dawood

Serpent
01-07-2003, 09:23 PM
**** your just trying to get your post count higher :p this 'young' is in deep doo-doo right now though

dawood

Why? What'd you do?

dezhen2001
01-07-2003, 09:26 PM
its complicated to explain - basically involves around £1.5K, a phone bill and a lot of scary people from the university wanting it off me :( for somehting i didnt even do :mad:

dawood

dezhen2001
01-07-2003, 09:27 PM
bet u thought it was to do with a gal huh? ;)

dawood

Serpent
01-07-2003, 09:33 PM
No, I thought it might have something to do with your love of woolly animals, but I guess you're still getting away with that.

If you need any arses kicked, just send them on over here.

I hope it works out ok for you.

dezhen2001
01-07-2003, 09:37 PM
No, I thought it might have something to do with your love of woolly animals, but I guess you're still getting away with that.

how the heck did u know about that? :eek:

things will hopefully work out, im just gonna have to try and use diplomacy and failing that whatever else i can think of :(

dawood

Serpent
01-07-2003, 09:41 PM
I have spies everywhere!

If you need any help with "whatever else I can think of" then just let me know! ;)

dezhen2001
01-07-2003, 09:44 PM
dont think u have spies here somehow :D

dawood

dezhen2001
01-07-2003, 09:47 PM
hey serpent - time for me to go - chat to ya later :cool:

dawood

Serpent
01-07-2003, 09:53 PM
dont think u have spies here somehow :D

dawood

That's it. Live on in ignorance!

See ya later.

Chang Style Novice
01-07-2003, 11:00 PM
Just back from the double feature. My mans and I had a pitcher each of Newkie Brown ale, and split an order of nachos and a giant tub of popcorn.

We also watched more fight scenes than you can shake a stick at and heard more cheesey dub jobs than you can...uh...stake a schick at. I hadn't seen "5 Shaolin Masters of Death" for at least 20 years - I'm pretty sure it's the first kungfu flick I ever watched on Saturday afternoon UHF in Berkeley, back around 80 or 81. It's just as terribly wonderful as I remember. "Crippled Avengers" was pretty kickass as well. The two movies shared not only a director and villain (it was a Lieh Lo/Chang Che tribute event) but also about 90% of their cast.

It would've been true chopsockey Nirvana, if only we'd been allowed to bring a big ol' hookah and the appropriate combustibles. **** fine Tuesday night anyway.

They even ran Jackie Chan highlight reels between the flicks!

Serpent
01-07-2003, 11:07 PM
Sounds to me like you just had a taste of heaven! You might as well die now. It's all gonna be down hill from now on. ;)

SevenStar
01-07-2003, 11:40 PM
I don't drink, But I'm here with my glass of sparkling cider. I can't help but to ask though...KC what exactly IS on your other windows?

Chang Style Novice
01-07-2003, 11:58 PM
coming soon:

KFM morning of hangovers!

GunnedDownAtrocity
01-08-2003, 12:49 AM
sparkeling cider water?

only a big black dude can get away with that.

it figures i would find this post at 3 in the morning. had i seen it at 130 i would have gotten beer immediately. i dont need excuses, but i use every one i can get to drink beer.

Mckind13
01-08-2003, 01:35 AM
Sad... :confused:

Really really sad... :mad: :mad:

We all know its Kung Fu and Liquor! :o :o :o

All you beer drinking weirdoes.... :p

Well unless its a Guinness and a shot of whisky. :cool:

Then it is okay.

Bushmills or the Glenlivet please :D

fa_jing
01-08-2003, 02:54 PM
KC man - no chicks came to your party. You should have gotten a keg, we could have all done beerstands.

Ben Gash
01-08-2003, 06:16 PM
I don't drink anymore, but the finest beer in existence has to be Wadworth's 6X bitter, hand pulled from a wooden cask:cool: a few of them, a couple of pints of Strongbow, a few tequilas, some Bacardi and cokes, maybe some Absynthe............ Hey, like I said, I don't drink ANYMORE :p (I think you can see why ;) )

Serpent
01-08-2003, 07:31 PM
MMmmmmmWadworth6X.....

There should be a drooling smilie!