PDA

View Full Version : Randy Willaims video review

IronFist
01-08-2003, 01:05 AM
Not really a review, but I just saw two of his videos. I forgot what they were called. One was like, dealing with straight punches and kicks, and the other was on attacking or something.

Anyway, they were very good. Some of the best WC videos I've seen yet. I already know many of the basics, so the combinations he was pulling off made sense to me.

He's also a funny guy sometimes. Like when he goes "it's like dating... you've got to wu them before you can fook them" lol.

And then at the end, what the hell, when he kicks that guy out of the chair? That was hilarious.

So yeah, I recommend these videos to people who are looking for some cool WC combinations, etc.

IronFist

KenWingJitsu
01-08-2003, 03:25 AM
I don't. I have his 'sparring' tape.

scuba steve
01-08-2003, 01:22 PM
Uh oh, I sense a disturbance in the force.
Will the "TAP MAN" now make an appearance and call out KenWingJitsu?

By the way KWJ,

is the Ken for Kenpo?

:confused:

Originally posted by KenWingJitsu
I don't. I have his 'sparring' tape.

Tap Man
01-08-2003, 01:58 PM
NO NEED TO START ANY FIGHTS FOR ME, "SCUBA STEVE" - WHOEVER YOU ARE. WE DON'T OBJECT TO PEOPLE WHO DON'T LIKE RANDY'S TAPES OR HIS CRCA INTERPRETATION OF WC. WE JUST DON'T LIKE PERSONAL ATTACKS. WHAT IS YOUR REAL NAME, BY THE WAY? DO YOU GO BY OTHER NAMES ON THE VTAA?

AND FOR THE RECORD, RANDY HAS NO SPARRING TAPES AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC IN EITHER HIS 28 TAPE UNIQUE VIDEO SERIES OR HIS 14 TAPE BUDO INTERNATIONAL SERIES, INCLUDING THE FRENCH, GERMAN, PORTUGUESE, SPANISH OR ITALIAN VERSIONS. SO MAYBE IT WASN'T EVEN RANDY'S TAPE THE KWJ SAW.

Tap Man Out

KenWingJitsu
01-08-2003, 04:03 PM
Yes, the Ken is for Kenpo; the first style I ever studied.

I know very well who Randy Williams is and I do do have his tape. The full title of the tape is "Chum Kiu Techniques in Chee Sau application". It's where he shows 'sparring' applications of chi sao techs. I like the 'idea' of what he's trying to do, but not the way he goes about it.

OdderMensch
01-08-2003, 04:33 PM
doens't that light on your keyboard bug you, being on all the time? ;)

TenTigers
01-08-2003, 05:24 PM
I have one of his tapes, I liked it. He was straight, to the point. and like me, he doesn't take himself too seriously, but he does take his Gung-Fu seriously. Ahh, fook'em if they can't take a jut!

scuba steve
01-08-2003, 05:39 PM
Am I good or what? :p

Ok let's see if I can conjure up Tom Kagan.

Moy Yat!
Moy Yat!
Moy Yat!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Presto Change-o

Pooof!

:D

Capsman, I unlike my good buddies Steven Segal, Chuck Barris and Ashida Kim, cannot reveal my true ordinary identity. It would set back the cause of Freedom, Justice and the American Way far too much.

I patrol the corridors of kungfu online in cyberspace and in the real world I smite the evil doers. Only the mighty Grendel gets a pass from me, because while evil, his can be used for good as well.

By the way, how is Randy's acting career going? Hopefully we just won't have Vin Diesel as the Van Damme of our millenium. Steven Lee Swift was our last hope, but I still hope in my heart of hearts that Randy will get that break. After all Arnold is what 60? Stallone is too old.

Now, if you'll excuse me it's time for a nighttime insertion along the Korean coast. I have to deal with a certain charter member of the axis of evil.

I leave you,

Scuba Steve...
The Frog Lives!

Grendel
01-08-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by scuba steve

Now, if you'll excuse me it's time for a nighttime insertion along the Korean coast. I have to deal with a certain charter member of the axis of evil.

Here's to a successful excursion. Thanks for eliminating my evil competition. :D When you're done there, I'll share my list with you.

Regards,

Tap Man
01-09-2003, 06:59 AM
KWJ - THAT WAS THE CONFUSION. CRCA CONSIDERS CHEE SAU AND SPARRING TO BE RELATED, BUT DIFFERENT THINGS. ON THE TAPE, RANDY MAY HAVE EXPLAINED TO THE OTHER COMMENTATOR (WHO WAS A BOXER UNDER SONNY AND RANDY SHIELDS), THAT CHEE SAU IS COMPARABLE TO SPARRING IN SOME WAYS.

Tap Man Out

Tap Man
01-09-2003, 12:09 PM
AM I GOOD OR WHAT

GOOD? FOR WHAT? FOR ELICITING A RESPONSE FROM ME BY MAKING A SNIDE REMARK?

I READ MOST OF WHAT GOES ON IN THIS FORUM, AND RESPOND TO ANYONE WHEN NEEDED, SO DON'T GIVE YOURSELF TOO MUCH CREDIT.

THE MORE COMIC BOOK TYPE REFERENCES YOU MAKE, THE MORE YOU GIVE YOURSELF AWAY. THAT AND THE TIMES YOU MAKE YOUR POSTS. IT IS EASY TO CHECK YOUR HISTORY AND COMPARE YOUR POST TIMES WITH OTHERS MADE JUST BEFORE AND JUST AFTER, ON THIS AND OTHER FORUMS. SO DON'T BE TOO SMUG ABOUT HIDING BEHIND YOUR ANONYMITY FOR TOO LONG. I MIGHT NOT BE THE ONLY ONE INTERESTED IN KNOWING WHO YOU ARE.

I MAY ALSO HAVE ANOTHER WAY OF DETERMINING YOUR EXACT IP, AND I PROMISE TO LET YOU KNOW IF AND WHEN I GET IT.

I'D SAY RANDY'S FILM CAREER WAS GOING QUITE WELL, JUDGING FROM THE SALES OF HIS 42 VIDEOTAPES AVAILABLE WORDWIDE IN AT LEAST 6 LANGUAGES (MORE SOON).

Tap Man Out

Tom Kagan
01-09-2003, 01:39 PM
Ok let's see if I can conjure up Tom Kagan.

Moy Yat!
Moy Yat!
Moy Yat!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Presto Change-o

Pooof!

Hey, you forgot to mention Moy Yat.

scuba steve
01-09-2003, 05:58 PM
Man you sound like one of the praetorians!
Tracking down my IP Address and everything.

I'll save you some time.

:rolleyes:

I also hang out at 192.168.1.80

Somehow a guy who always posts in all caps, doesn't quite come across as one of the black hats here on the internet. But perhaps you have a little brother who is a script kiddie who can help you out.

Brother, you need to chill out. It's all good. You really attempting to do a Total Information Awareness gig on me? Hey, today I had a Egg Mcmuffin and an OJ for breakfast. Perhaps you can cross correlate that in your massive database and copious analysis of my covert activities. Perhaps your "whiskey-nine" clearance buddies can do a cross index via DARPA to ISC at Ft Huachuca to Experian and triangulate on me. Then it's off to the NRO to get a keyhole to snap some pics of me on the powerbook linked to the sat phone.

By the way since when is Chi Sau written Chee Sau?

Are you guys from the Milk Advisory board? or is it the Cheese Advisory board. Happy Wing Chunners come from California, it's the CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSao.

:D

Tap Man
01-10-2003, 06:56 AM
THANKS FOR THE INFO. YOUR LAST COMMENT CONFIRMED WHAT I ALREADY STRONGLY SUSPECTED ABOUT YOUR IDENTITY.

Tap Man Out

UltimateFighter
01-10-2003, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by Tap Man
THANKS FOR THE INFO. YOUR LAST COMMENT CONFIRMED WHAT I ALREADY STRONGLY SUSPECTED ABOUT YOUR IDENTITY.

Tap Man Out

Go hang out with the other 17 year olds on a yahoo teen forum.

Tap Man
01-10-2003, 07:32 AM
UF

RE-READ THE POSTS I HAVE MADE VS GRENDEL/SCUBA STEVE'S.

Tap Man Out

[Censored]
01-10-2003, 05:17 PM
ROTFL.

I like Vin Diesel though.

IronFist
01-11-2003, 12:06 PM
I've yet to see a WC thread stay on topic :)

:D :rolleyes: :D

IronFist

dezhen2001
01-11-2003, 02:08 PM
ironfist, maybe its because "its all wing chun"? :D

dawood