blacktaoist
01-09-2003, 11:32 AM
Hi All

For all you BaGuaZhang players that are interested in learning the
Yin style sword form, please contact me at Blacktaoist@hot.com or
brotherlaoqiang@yahoo.com.

I will soon conduct Yin style sword seminar
for my sifu in the New york area, This will provide an opportunity
for everyone studying Ba Gua Zhang in the united states also Ba Gua players that are learning from my sifu brother Yin style book that Mr
Joseph Crandall translated, can now have the opportunity to meet my sifu, Master
Chen Xiaoping who is the author of the book also.

The Yin style sword workshop will be open to all interested in Yin
style sword play. For me to conduct the Yin Style sword workshop I
will need ten indvividuals to pre-registered, Or I will not do this sword event. The workshop will be a two day workshop, 5 hours long for
both days. The workshop will take place sometime in june of 2003. The
workshop fee is $200 with pre-registered before may 1, 2003, after
the workshop fee is $250 at the door.

The Yin Style sword workshop will cover the first eight sword change
of the Yin style 64 circle walking form. You will learn the Yin style
combat actions of the Yin style Ba Gua Zhang sword form:

Cut, wipe, hang, slice, search out, to close, sweep, flowing,
intercept, these are just a few of the skills you will learn.

These is just the first weapon workshop, I plan to conduct more Yin
style weapon workshops on Yin style BaGuaZhang weapons. If this Yin
style sword workshop do well. The next weapon workshop I conduct for
my sifu, can be on the Yin style Ba gua Needles, or Crescent moon
swords.

KFO members, thank you for your time. And hope to see some of
you.

Peace
Bt

Crimson Phoenix
01-16-2003, 07:31 AM
Tell us how it went (if it took place already), if you don't mind...
Too bad I'm not a billionnaire who could just take his private jet to go to martial seminars all over the world *dreams*.
Also, I took a look at these swords...GOD are they long...the blade is surely hand made (I have one like this, although not as long...my teacher showed me one of these and I was "uuhhhhh...I'll take the smaller one hehehe"), and the fittings look very nice, a sturdy practice sword!
Very good things you do for the arts, as usual...I'm just a bit surprised there isn't a little more (at least visible) feedback. Ahhh, be good with people, and that's all you get...

count
01-16-2003, 07:44 AM
How would you fit this sword to your own body. The sword I have now is from the belly button to the ground. Is that a good length if I come for the sword workshop?

maoshan
01-18-2003, 10:28 PM
Peace Count

The length of your sword is good to learn the form. Hows the weight? Is it light or does it make you work? I think that's what really counts.

Peace

Maoshan

count
01-19-2003, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by maoshan
Peace Count

The length of your sword is good to learn the form. Hows the weight? Is it light or does it make you work? I think that's what really counts.

Peace

Maoshan
Not bad on the weight, it's solid. It's not extreme like some of the combat steel swords I have used. It comes from China and I think it was made from an old car's leaf spring. Polished up nice though. It's only a slightly heavy but it's fairly well balanced.

I don't know about bringing it on the air plane though. I've been thinking of having Blacktaoist order me a new one anyway, from his contact in China. I could use it and than ship it home.