PDA

View Full Version : lost sifu....florida maybe?

ninjaboy
01-10-2003, 07:02 AM
hello all,

i'm looking for a sifu that i knew in the new port richey area in florida in the early 90's. his name (seriously) is sifu roger rogers and his friends just call him jay. he's a very good martial artist and a great weapons guy who, besides teaching, used to perform lion dancing at 'splendid china' in orlando. we were very good friends but lost contact through a series of mutual moves to different cities and i now wish to find him...he has also been known to live in oregon and california.

if anyone could offer any help, i'd be grateful.

sincerely,
ninjaboy

BeiTangLang
01-10-2003, 07:11 AM
try yahoo's search engine. I looked it up just for kicks & their are only 2 in the US listed. One in IL ,the other in GA.

18elders
01-11-2003, 11:50 AM
I would see Roger every now and then at kung fu tournaments, haven't seen him in a while. You may want to give Nick Scrima a call, he may know where he is. Nick owns a kung fu school in Dunedin on main st.

yu shan
01-11-2003, 09:25 PM
Who did this Roger train with in KF?

ninjaboy
01-17-2003, 09:01 PM
as i recall, and i had not heard of him previously, one of his major influences was a sifu 'nai pu sae (say) chou' who picked him up through army cadets back in the 70's in either california or oregon, i don't remember, and taught what he originally called 'mang chuan' and apparently even studied for several months at the/a (??i don't know much about this...) chen family village in thailand. he later started delving into his system more to find roots in what he called 'tien chuan'...of which he spoke of ties to 'nan chuan'. but, other than him introducing me into the wild world of chinese weaponry i don't remember much of his personal history of lineage.

any help would be appreciated.