PDA

View Full Version : wants to learn qi gong

VivisectMe
01-10-2003, 01:48 PM
hey everyone. I'm out-of-shape, have only been studying kung fu for several months and, like the subject says, I've decided I want to start studying qi gong. If anyone wants to help me out, say by directing me to some sources on the subject or telling me what they know about the techniques for it, I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

An jie
01-10-2003, 11:53 PM
I know that there is a certified Traditional Wild Goose in California. Take a look on the web if you are not familiar with wild goose.
Good luck

Al S.
01-16-2003, 10:31 AM
Greetings -

We have some advice and information on our web site that you may find helpful:
CloudWater.Com (http://www.cloudwater.com)

Good luck in your search,
- Al

An jie
01-16-2003, 05:52 PM
Just a general search on the web for your area will definitely turn up many sites. However, regarding exchange of techniques over the web, as you know from your kung fu studies nothing replaces a good instructor and so books and videos are only good resources. Additionally, since qigong is dealing with energy ( literally gong = work and qi = energy/air) it is much easier to have a negative result from incorrect practice whereas kung fu is less likely to have the same result. Good luck

Cheese Dog
01-17-2003, 01:25 AM
Doing your forms properly can be a type of qigong. One of my teacher's teacher has a tremendous amount of internal power and the only internal training he does is forms.

No_Know
01-17-2003, 08:54 AM
Breathe in. Breathe out.

Places to breathe from: nose, mouth, skin, any part of body.

combine these.

Whatever whatever, be conscious of your breathing.

Merdian qigong is a book for which you could look.

HuangKaiVun
01-17-2003, 09:06 PM
You ARE studying qigong.

That's what the Eagle Claw style features. Cheese Dog is right on the money.

Your teacher ought to be able to answer your questions.

An jie
01-17-2003, 10:10 PM
I agree that martial skills include qigong Without that component, how would all the masters still be so healthy and able when they get older?

Former castleva
01-28-2003, 10:30 AM
An jie,
well there are numerous and then numerous "external" styles (I guess yin/yang applies since they do train you "internally" in a normally accepted way.Running/walking trains your respiratory and cardiovascular system to a degree. :) This like this and others etc.)
Probably any active martial skill promotes health in a way or another,like sports.

bodhitree
02-19-2003, 09:34 AM
This is a very informative site on qigong with different simple exercises to practice
http://qigong.hypermart.net/school.htm

many exercises and articles on how to practice