PDA

View Full Version : Shaving the handles

45degree fist
01-10-2003, 04:14 PM
I have recently developed a set of luv handles over the holidays. Ok you caught me they have been in development for sometime now. but anyways my question is besides cardio what is the quickest way to reduce these before the end of Feb.

Kempo Guy
01-10-2003, 04:57 PM
Re-evaluate your diet, and do cardio (HIIT) and resistance training.

David Jamieson
01-10-2003, 09:02 PM
remember that you cannot spot reduce fat. when you lose weight, you lose overall body mass, that means if your gola is to lose weight, you will lose muscle weight as well as fatty tissue.

You will need to not only do cardio but you will also need to stress muscle in order to build it and retain it's strength.

a well balanced diet, low fat, good protien and of course fuel for those workouts is necessary.

balanced diet + exercise= healthy you.

watch your stress levels as well.

cheers

Cheese Dog
01-13-2003, 01:52 AM
And do your high intensity interval aerobics first thing in the morning, on an empty stomach. This forces your body to burn more fat. My favorite method for HIIT is simply to do all my forms intensly with about 1-2 minute breaks between them (during the "breaks" I'll jog lightly until my heartrate drops a bit).

Oh, and try to wait at least an hour after you workout to eat because your body will be burning calories at an accelerated rate for awhile and eating stops that.

Ish
01-13-2003, 06:26 AM
i thought exercise raised you metabolism for a couple of hours whether you eat or not.

Kempo Guy
01-13-2003, 10:11 AM
Studies published in several of the Medical Journals show that HIIT-type exercise programs create an "afterburn" effect (my words not theirs), i.e. increasing your metabolism for several hours after initial workout, vs. low-impact aerobic exercise where your metabolism is raised primarily during the exercise itself with little or no "afterburn".

I will try to see if I can find the references to the studies.

KG