View Full Version : Bonesetting in California ( tit dar)

cha kuen
01-11-2003, 06:35 PM
What do you guys think of bonesetting in california? There is no certification or license for bonesetting. There's only license for accupunture and Tui na.

But then again there's always doctors practicing a mixture of things.

My question is am I in for a lawsuit if I practice bonesetting? I was thinking of getting licensed in Tui NA and mixing that with some bonesetting. Certainly there are holistic healers out there, wouldn't they be more suspectible to lawsuits than I would be sinec I have a degree and such?

What do you all think?

kung fu books (http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&include=0&userid=taichimaster06&sort=3&rows=25&since=-1)

07-18-2006, 12:51 PM
Are you now practicing bonesetting? Would you know of a bonesetter in Orange County;CA? Would you know how helpful they are with Grade III A/C ligament tears? Thanks for your help.

herb ox
07-18-2006, 03:42 PM
Cha Kuen,

It seems to me that if your TuiNa licensure includes bonesetting as part of your 'scope of practice' (one of the favorite buzz-terms circulating around these days), then you should be okay, especially if you have malpractice insurance. Otherwise, I'd be afraid the chiropractors and osteopaths are gonna have it out for ya!

good luck

herb ox

cha kuen
07-19-2006, 05:51 PM
wow this post was a long ti ago. Well now i am learning tuina nd there is some bonesetting that is taught that is apart of the system.

But clinically, i wll only practice some boneseting with the pateints that i feel comfortable with. (not a new one in the first viist), maybe freinds or family etc... but not relaly on everyone just to save my own a55,,,,,

07-20-2006, 07:22 PM
I have studied bone-setting for over 20 years, initially from my Xing-Yi teacher, and later from one of my favorite teachers at acupuncture school. I can tell you that it is illegal for anyone other than an MD to practice bone-setting (as in broken bones/fractures). In order to do any sort of adjustment, such as setting a dislocation or aligning the spine (as we learn in tui na/bone-setting), one must also be either an MD or a chiropractor. Hope this helps.