PDA

View Full Version : 1 Day S.W.A.T. School

rogue
01-11-2003, 09:37 PM
Be a SWAT guy in one day! (http://www.ips911store.com/training/SWATschool.htm) And learn these usefull everyday skills...
1. Entering buildings and clearing rooms.
2. Rappelling and Climbing.
3. NBC (Nuclear, Biological and Chemical Warfare).
4. Booby traps, explosives and Pyrotechnics awareness.
5. Tactical Combat Pistol and Rifle Shooting.
6. Terrorist Bus Takeover.
7. Ambush and Raid Assaults.
8. Search and Seizure Drills.
9. Hostage Negotiations.
10. S.W.A.T. tactics.

(Primary instructors are Combat Special Forces Veterans and S.W.A.T. Team Commanders)

Or maybe a counter terrrorism expert! (http://www.ips911store.com/training/counterterror.htm) And learn things like...
1. What to expect next from the terrorists.
2. How to survive a grenade or bomb attack.
3. Chemical and Biological Weapons - Survival.
4. Airline safety and Environmental Weapons.
5. Surviving a hijacked Commercial Airline.
6. Weapon-Knife-Gun defense Training.
7. Certificate of Training upon Completion.
:rolleyes:

PHILBERT
01-11-2003, 09:53 PM
That guy in the counter terrorism link is funny looking.

SevenStar
01-11-2003, 09:59 PM
Mc S.W.A.T??

rogue
01-11-2003, 10:02 PM
I liked "What to expect next from the terrorists", I hope our CT guys are taking this course to find out.
:p

Sharky
01-11-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by PHILBERT
That guy in the counter terrorism link is funny looking.

that's cos he's made of rubber and has a gun pointed at him

PHILBERT
01-12-2003, 01:07 AM
I meant the guy in the red shirt and you know it. And you know that I know you meant the man in the red shirt. And you know that I posted this to increase my post count one.

rogue
01-12-2003, 10:29 AM
As a recovering "Reality Guy" I'm always amazed at how much fantasy there is in the Reality Movement. Even among the better schools.

Stranger
01-12-2003, 10:48 AM
There are good schools and bad schools to learn these skills. The good ones are rare.

I doubt you could learn that much to any reasonable degree of skill and safety in just 1 day.

Chang Style Novice
01-12-2003, 10:58 AM
Oh, c'mon Stranger. If you assume a 14 hour class day, that gives you an hour and twelve minutes to learn how to handle a terrorist takeover of a bus! No way it could take longer than that.

rogue
01-12-2003, 11:05 AM
The guys I know must have been really dumb, it took them months of intense training to get the basics down and then years to perfect it, not to mention what Uncle Sam spent training them. To think all they needed was a free weekend and less than $200.00 to get up to speed.;)

Stranger
01-12-2003, 11:13 AM
LOL@ CSN

Yeah, maybe lunch break was only 30 mins.

rogue,

That's what I was thinking. Maybe if somebody was really high-speed to start with (but then why would you be taking this course :confused: ), he/she could learn "a lot" from a skilled instructor in a couple of days, but you can't take somebody from no-skills to high speed in all of those categories in one day (unless lunch break is shortened :D )

rogue
01-12-2003, 11:58 AM
Stranger, that's why these courses are pure BS.

Which kind of brings us to the point of all these "famous" reality guys that have never been part of any real CT group, in the service or even a beat cop, somehow being experts in those areas. We now have guys with a certificate teaching combat shooting (whatever that means) who have never been in combat much less had to shoot someone, supposedly teaching LEOs and Spec Ops these skills. IMO the many of the reality crowd has moved from reality to living in a fantasy world.

Stranger
01-12-2003, 12:09 PM
I'm not sure which faux-reality teachers you have in mind, so we aren't in disagreement on any issue. I know there are posers out there. I don't know much about the field of CQB. I know where I would want to go if somebody wanted to foot the bill. These choices would be made based on recommendations from high speed operators.

rogue
01-12-2003, 12:27 PM
I'm not sure which faux-reality teachers you have in mind, so we aren't in disagreement on any issue. These days there are just so many Stranger, and their numbers are still growing.