PDA

View Full Version : Help needed.

MattWei
10-01-2001, 07:57 AM
Ok, I'm fairly new at this, I only started researching Kung Fu a few weeks ago (I'm considering joining a dojo). I recently saw a pair of weapons on a site called "Wind and Fire". The only thing I can compare them to is those things the guy uses from Crouching Tiger, you know, the officer fighting Jade Fox (As I said, I'm new, and I haven't quite worked out the terminology). They were like that, only circular in shpe with barbs coming out of the end. Hard to explain, but if anyone has seen these before, please let me know.

Thanks.

-Matt Wei.

- Matt Wei

"Do I dare
disturb the universe?"

Mr. Nemo
10-01-2001, 08:10 AM
They sound like deerhorn knives to me.

Also, "dojo" is a japanese word, and kung fu is a chinese martial art. Kung fu schools are sometimes called "kwoons," or sometimes just called schools.

SevenStar
10-01-2001, 09:20 AM
sound like wind and fire wheels to me. Here's a pic I found of them

http://www.wle.com/products/w044.html

"You ain't got enough calcium to have a bone to pick wit me,
like a Gracie, I'll choke a ***** out wit his own gi" - Rass Kass

dedalus
10-01-2001, 01:43 PM
I'm sure I've seen a video somewhere advertising the wind & fire wheels as a taiji set...

MattWei
10-02-2001, 08:16 AM
Thanks cous. Those are the exact ones I saw. Cool.

Well, thanks again.

Matt.

- Matt Wei

"Do I dare
disturb the universe?"

KC Elbows
10-02-2001, 03:52 PM
Don't some ba kua schools teach wind-fire wheels as well?

TatewakiKuno
10-02-2001, 03:56 PM
hey sevenstar, is that a good store. I was thinking about ordering some stuff off of there but I wasn't sure.

GLW
10-02-2001, 05:39 PM
The wind and fire wheels are done with techniques similar to double rings. The only difference being that double rings are just that...rings that are not necessarily lethal while the wind and fire rings have edges on them that make them capable of stabbing and slashing.

The techniques are common and an old weapon. The double ring part is primarily seen done by women and children in china now days.

Dr. Steven Sun has worked at making a name for himself with a Taiji set for this weapon and he teaches seminars in the US on them quite frequently. He also has a book out on the subject and maybe even a video...

SevenStar
10-02-2001, 06:59 PM
I wish I knew. I've never bought anything from wle. For some reason, they mail me their catalog every time it comes out - maybe they got my name from a tourney or something - I dunno, but I thought I remembered seeing wind and fire wheels in their catalog, which is why I checked their site for them.

"You ain't got enough calcium to have a bone to pick wit me,
like a Gracie, I'll choke a ***** out wit his own gi" - Rass Kass