PDA

View Full Version : Shuai Chiao

Buby
09-07-2000, 06:45 PM
I live in NYC, can anyone recommend a good school or teacher. Also, any info on the system would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Buby

Lung Ying
09-07-2000, 09:36 PM
I think there is a school called natural chinese martial arts, I forgot the instructors name, I saw an ad from the school which showed shui chiao as one of the programs, but they teach other styles so I don't know how "in depth" the shui chiao curriculum is. Let me know if you find anything.

Peace /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

MonkeySlap
09-09-2000, 11:19 PM
That would be New York's David Lin. Back in '89 or '90 my clasmates and I 'dummied' for him in a demo being shot for TV. He's a nice old guy.

Also in New York, (I beleive) is Jeng Hsing Ping.

Buby
09-12-2000, 10:35 PM
MonkeySlap and Lung Ying,
Thanks for the info. Sorry for the delayed response, I've been extremly busy. I plan on taking an intro. class with David Lin today. By the way does anyone know of a link to Jen Hsing Ping or where his school is. Thanks again for all of your help.

Buby

[This message has been edited by Buby (edited 09-13-2000).]

Self-Thinking Follower
09-13-2000, 11:25 AM
Buby, Jeng Sifu, Presently in Taiwan, has retired since the mid 90's, up to that point he only taught selected individuals at his home. D. Lin (Lin Chi Young), did come to Jeng Sifu to relearn(?) shuai Chiao but never made it past the basic falling techniques which he could'nt get. (If you need proof, check out Jeff Bolts Master Demonstration tape, featuring Lin Chi Young and watch him get pushed to the floor by a cooperative partner. Just look at his ****ed off face and think for a minute.) Also ask him who deemed him "THE ONLY COMPLETE SUN LU TANG SYSTEM TEACHER" here in the U.S. I believe this is what I read in the present issue of Inside Kung-fu. I remember him studing Sun style Hsing I with Mrs. Fu of N.J. also in the class was Tom Bisio. I'm sure Tom will recognize him. It was in the 80's and if I recall he did'nt know much of Sun's system then but maybe he was trying to relearn(?) that too.

LET THE BUYER BEWARE!

[This message has been edited by Self-Thinking Follower (edited 09-14-2000).]

Buby
09-13-2000, 10:53 PM
Hi Self-Thinking Follower,
Thanks, you just saved me time and money. Do you know of any top notch shuai chiao instr. that is NY based. I've added a link where it says that David Lin is one of the few that where given consent to teach this system by the late grand master. Not unless it's another David Lin. Either way what ever light you or any of the others can shed would be truly appreciated. http://www.shuaichiao.com/shuaichiao.html

David Lin's homepage http://www.infinte.org/davidlin/

Hope this works. Keep your fingers crossed.

Thank you for sharing,
Buby

Self-Thinking Follower
09-14-2000, 05:02 AM
Buby, It's David Lin of Atlanta not David Lin of New York, I can tell you with certainty that they wont endorse Lin Chih Young of New York. There are a number of Shuai Chiao practioners all over NY but to find one who admits he's teaching? Even as far back as 1970, there was a buddhist monk in chinatown teaching privately. Perhaps somebody will surface before the grappling trend is overshadowed by some other aspect in the never-ending rotation of popularity.

Buby
09-14-2000, 06:49 PM
So then there are two David Lin's. I wasn't sure if Mr. Lin had moved to NY. I sent an email to that site, but haven't received a response yet. Thanks for clearing that up. Your time and info. are truly appreciated.

Thanks,

Buby

cha kuen
09-28-2000, 09:55 PM
You should search the internet for Daniel Weng and send him an email. He is awesome at shuai chiao. I'm sure he would know any good shuai chiao schools in New York.