PDA

View Full Version : Hsing-I seminar with Master Jason Tsou

count
01-13-2003, 12:54 PM
Hsing-I seminar with Master Jason Tsou will take place on two consecutive Saturdays:
Saturday, January 18, 2003 and on Saturday, January 25, 2003. The seminar will be held at the Student Union (LA Room) At Cal State L.A. beginning at 9:00a.m. The class will go from 9-4p.m. on both days.

The January 18, 2003 class will deal with Five Element Theory in Hsing-I, it's uses both in terms of martial arts application and Traditional Chinese Medicine. The morning session will focus on martial arts applications,the afternoon session will involve tui-na and its application to martial arts injuries

The January 25, 2003 class will involve a study of 12 animal theory in Hsing-I. The morning again focussing upon martial arts applications and the afternoon on tui-na.

Cost of the seminar will be $150.00 for the entire seminar. People who can only attend one session can pay $75.00 and special arrangements can be made to attend half of either session for $40. Those wishing to attend 11/2 sessions may do so for the cost of $115.00. Contact Art Schonfeld @ 818-753-3200 for further information.

This event is sponsored by the Cross-cultural center, University Student Union, CSLA along with Chi Kung International

RAF
01-15-2003, 07:19 AM
Hello Count:

Good luck with your seminar. Tony took off to Florida for a long weekend seminar to teach xiao kai men, 64 internal palms and bagua combination hand at Nick Scrima's school.

We are here freezing but in great anticipation of spring.

Keep us posted as to how the seminar went.

count
01-15-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by RAF

Good luck with your seminar. Tony took off to Florida for a long weekend seminar to teach xiao kai men, 64 internal palms and bagua combination hand at Nick Scrima's school.

We are here freezing but in great anticipation of spring.

Keep us posted as to how the seminar went.

Thanks,

Tony is going to cover all that in one weekend??? Man, It took me 2 years just to learn the 64 palm form. BTW, Have you seen Tony teach the second part of that form? The second 8 combinations that go with the first 8?

Our workshop Saturday will only cover 5 elements plus 5 elements chikung and tui na. But I guarantee people are going to work their butts off.:D

count
01-17-2003, 06:39 AM
Workshop is tomorrow!:cool:

cha kuen
01-20-2003, 01:44 AM
Sifu Jason teaches tuina? Does he practice or have a clinic too?

count
01-20-2003, 07:02 AM
Saturday's workshop was fantastic. This week was 5 Elements theory and 5 Elements Chi Kung. We covered standing and stepping with the techniques and we covered applications. We discussed the 5 Elements, Productive and Destructive cycles and how the related to fighting as well as TCM. Than we spent the last hour learning some applications of Tui Na. We talked about neck injuries. How to diagnose the problem and some methods of treatment. We covered the distal points and local points and methods of both Tui and Na that were effective. Since none of us were injured we basically all got a really good, deep massage. Sifu Tsou has excellent Tui Na skills however, the Tui Na portion was lead by one of our senior students who has graduated from Samra University and been practicing martial arts all his life. Sifu Tsou does not have a clinic. He has an engineering business and teaches martial arts. But he has had some great teachers he learned about TCM and Chi Kung from too.

If you missed the workshop, you can still attend next Saturday, the 25th. We will be learning about the 12 animal Hsing-I with the same approach and more Tui Na in the afternoon.