PDA

View Full Version : For all my NE grapplers here is a list of Karate World's BJJ Circuit

Brad Souders
01-13-2003, 04:20 PM
Karate World Ratings has decided to give gi and no-gi BJJ touneys a run. I'll be involved wiht helping train refrees and and all that fun behind th escenes stuff, while still competing and looking good *even if i'm losing* so if ya in hte area hooks us up with your presents. Want more info e-mail me at striking_grappler@yahoo.com

AA February 8th,2003 KW Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Team Challenge
Chambersburg Gym, PA Garry Holman

AAAA March 15th 2003 KW King of the Mat Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
Chambersburg Gym, PA Garry Holman

AAA April 12th MD State Championships,
Cumberland, MD Tom Striplin

AAAAA June 2003 KW Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Qualifier For Regional Championships
Chambersburg, PA Gym Garry Holman

AAAAA August 2003 KW Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Regional Championships

AAAAA October 2003 KW Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Regional Championships

Once these events get rolling, points will be awarded for each invidual weigh class and for the advanced the guy with the most points at the end of one of the 4 quarters we will run a year will get a belt. The goal then for the next quarter is to beat him in points just not one match. So not only do u have to compete good against him but everyone else. That's what the A's stand for how they will be ranked as far as points awarded. Hopefully htese events will build and we'll have all kind of rivals growing and great matches.

Brad Souders
01-13-2003, 04:26 PM
The gi portion will follow the straight BJJ scoring type system and the straight BJJ rules. The no-gi is umm a little diiferent. Here is the rules set for the 2003 circuit. As before get my e-mail above for any questions.

1 round 5 minutes - No points, submission win only

if needed OT#1 - 1 round 2 minutes - Bjj scoring

if still needed - no time limit - Sudden death first point wins

Beginner - no leglocks

Intermediate - straight anklelocks only

Advanced - All leglocks

If the refree feels not enough action on the ground he may stand up the competitors and restart on their feet

If the refree feels that a heelhook is on tight with no escape he will step in and stop the match and give a submission win *advanced only* Due to the nature that sometimes heelhooks are not felt til to late

No slamming out of a submission

No neck cranks (if you are putting on a choke submission *example: reverse triangle* and it causes a little pressure on the neck while choking the refee will not interfer)

If the competitors are getting off the mat the refree will tell them to pause, gets some help and drag them back to the center keeping the same positioning. If they are in the middle of transition they will be restarted on their feet.

During a submission the refree will look to the corner. He will look for a node yes or no to stop the match. This way there is no dispute the refree stepping into a match.

I thought of these rules cause most no gi grapplers do not like the points with no gi. It hinders them from GOING for it and sometimes causes boring matches. This type of match would keep the action going and would cause the competitors to keep busy.

For the KIDS:

1 round of 3 minutes - bjj scoring

No leglocks - chokes and armlocks only

Coaches will be asked to watch extremly close and the refree CAN step in anytime he/she feels it is fit to.

All the other rules apply