PDA

View Full Version : Baguazhang Seminar in Oklahoma City

Whirlwind Palms
01-13-2003, 05:32 PM
Marcus Brinkman will be teaching an Introductory Semiar in Baguazhang on Sunday, January 19th, from 12 pm to 3 pm. Seminar tuition is $40. You may call 405-525-7199 to reserve a place or to request further information.

The seminar is intended both for beginners and for martial artists experienced in other styles to sample Baguazhang.

Walter Joyce
01-14-2003, 07:54 AM
FWIW I'd recommend this seminar. Marcus is Luo De Xie senior student in the US. I wish I was going to be there, and can't believe how reasonably priced the seminar is.

Chris McKinley
01-17-2003, 04:24 PM
I have learned that Mr. Brinkman will be living/teaching here in Oklahoma City on a permanent basis now. It's a privilege to have him here and I recommend anyone interested in the internal arts in the Oklahoma City area please take advantage of this great opportunity and go visit him.

Chris McKinley
01-19-2003, 04:32 PM
I just got back from the seminar and would like to mention what a great time I had. Mr. Brinkman covered some excellent Bagua qigong methods for Governor and Conceptor Vessel and overall health for spine and kidneys and for opening the Ming Men. He then covered material from the Hao Tien linear sets of the Gao system. Mr. Brinkman provided a rare combination of martial and teaching skill. He was able to teach some of the foundational energies of the internal arts in such a way that even a raw beginner could immediately understand the idea. While nobody ever said being able to reproduce legitimate neijia skill was easy, nothing can happen until the student first understands what it is that he or she is striving to be able to perform. Mr. Brinkman made this first step of understanding as effortless as I've ever seen anyone do it.

I was also thankful for the instruction provided by Mr. Brad Tyree, the owner of the school, himself a very skilled and knowledgeable internal martial artist. Overall, an excellent learning opportunity. Even better, it turns out that these seminars will be taking place on an ongoing basis. I can't say how pleased I am to see high quality legitimate internal martial arts instruction of this caliber being made available here in Oklahoma. My thanks to Mr. Brinkman and to Mr. Brad Tyree for hosting us and for providing this experience.

Chris McKinley