PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Southern Praying Mantis Link!

MantisWill
01-13-2003, 08:51 PM
http://cclib.nsu.ru/projects/satbi/satbi-e/martart/wushu/sm.html

Killing Jacko
01-13-2003, 10:10 PM
old $hits dat still stik. F. Bianco must got it from Si fut.

Diamond Talons
01-14-2003, 07:12 AM
KJ there's many names missing & some names that shouldn't be there on the list & some guys on the list for JL TL I know real good as they are right here & they have craps for hands & some of them do nothing with the hand & haven't done any thing with the hand for many years. How Si Fut with less than 6 months by some e-mails I've given from people who were there & still there gets put as 7th says this craps information stuffs got his stinking Alabama hand on it & every thing a crap hand touches stinks like crap.

Crimson Phoenix
01-14-2003, 12:58 PM
Here's an innocent question, just for research purposes...
I understand that you didn't really like it hehehehehe
But what do you guys think of the history part of this page? The connections established with Fujian arts like wuzuquan/ngorchorkuen? His part about "Hakka boxing" which seems to be (judging from his claims) the Chuka Phoenix Eye fist described in the Draeger book?
Some of it seems either too easy or nice to be true...
Any lights from you SPM (or non-SPM, for that matter) scholars for a knowledge-thirsty guy?? I don't want to believe everything I read and before proceeding to more research on southern arts I'd rather ask the opinions of knowledgeable practicionners first :-)

jo
01-14-2003, 01:39 PM
Has Roger moved to Chicago?

The Shaolin Brand warehouse and business office
is now in a Chicago suburb!

WHOIS: Bambootemple.com

Registrant: Shaolin Brand Co. (BAMBOOTEMPLE-DOM)
PO Box 7683
Algonquin, IL 60101
US

Domain Name: BAMBOOTEMPLE.COM

Administrative Contact:
Werner, Jonathan (ZQLMEHNCXI)
shaolinbrand@yahoo.com

PO Box 7683
Algonquin, IL 60102
US

Technical Contact:
VeriSign, Inc. (HOST-ORG)
namehost@WORLDNIC.NET
VeriSign, Inc.
21355 Ridgetop Circle
Dulles, VA 20166
US

Record expires on 23-Nov-2003.
Record created on 22-Nov-1997.
Database last updated on 30-Dec-2002 23:16:08 EST.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.IPOWERDNS.COM 12.129.206.202
NS2.IPOWERDNS.COM 12.129.206.203

webbb82
01-15-2003, 03:18 AM
Hi, Crimson Pheonix,

May I have your e-mail address so that I can contact you off this forum.

Thankyou,

Webbb82.

Diamond Talons
01-15-2003, 07:15 AM
CP history is just one person's opinion of things & it's really not possible to say this or that is the whole truth of this thing & when people say Hakka it's understood that they're talking about a peoples that wander for many many years all across China & other places. Hakka are a hard working peoples who do lots of stuffs like farming & heavy hard work so not so much writing or schools & things passed from one to different person by word & my family has written some things for many years but this more about a person & where they were & what they did with the hand mixed into writing & not all by itself like a thing different to the person. Just for me it doesn't really matter too much since history is the past & I live here & now & hand is alive in me here & now & most peoples who spend time reading history do it for politics to try to say some thing about their place in history as if that means much today & the hand is doing not saying. Just opinion & not fact what I say on this thing so one history as good as another & just depends on what history a person wants to think is right & what is right is right for just them & not carved in stone so all must think same way since that's politics again.

Crimson Phoenix
01-15-2003, 11:55 AM
Webbb, you can contact me at amarconi@wanadoo.fr wow, it's quite unusual...what have I done to draw attention?? heheheh

Diamond: yes, indeed, I became aware as time passed by that history is often a blurry concept...or at least one that is hard to validate, and increasingly so when it comes to special topics...I believe Chinese martial arts, and especially Hakka arts (if such a concept has a meaning, due to all the interactions in the history), belong to these domains. But well, history and scholar work on chinese styles is something I do enjoy as a hobby, out of curiosity...history is like roots to a tree...it helps you understand and analyze things better, in my opinion. I believe some documents or teaching can be reliable, with a range of confidence wide enough to trust...but as you rightly pointed out, nothing is really certain...

A quote you will surely like, if you don't know it already: "History is a lie agreed upon".

Also, I agree with you 200% when you say that all the history in the world is not really important, since it won't make anything to the quality of your hand...knowing the history of your style precisely in all the details is quite pointless if you neglect to train your hand hard. That's why the art dies, people will know anything by the book, but won't be able to perform anything...

But anyway, as I said, it's a past-time I enjoy...and being kept away from rough training by a mean tendonitis to my hip, I have to find ways to vent my frustration :D ;)

Diamond Talons
01-15-2003, 12:35 PM
CP I say thanks for information & now I know why it's important to you to go after this stuff & if you PM me I will give you some information on good stuffs for your hip problems good for all soft tissue types of hurt & I won't put it on forum as too ****ed many trolls & peoples who read then claim to know.

Killing Jacko
01-15-2003, 06:14 PM
dudes, ride on!