PDA

View Full Version : Weight lifting at different times

Viper555
01-14-2003, 08:18 PM
I decided that I could probably start lifting weights(about 5:30)in the morning so that when I get home from school I can work out my kung fu instead of spending so much time working out. One of my friends told me that it wasn't a good idea. I really don't see anything wrong with it....is there???

BTW:Here's my schedule, am I getting enough rest

Monday:Bowflex(at friend's house) and working out at kung fu class
Tuesday:Bodyweight in morning and kung fu on own in evening
Wednesday:Weights in morning and kung fu class in evening
Thursday:Bodyweight in morning and kung fu on own in evening
Friday:Work out kung fu
Saturday:Work out kung fu
Sunday:Rest

Whenever I work out kung fu on my own I do it all with weighted ankle straps,weighted wrist straps,and(soon)weighted vest.Feet and arms are at 5 pounds and I don't know about the vest yet.

I take one week out of every two months and rest, no working out except kung fu every other day with no weight though.

yenhoi
01-14-2003, 10:16 PM
Drop the weighted straps and vest.

How long do your train your kung fu for each time, what are you doing even?

Id also drop the bowflex, even though they are fun. What are you doing when you say 'bodyweight workout'?

This looks similar to what I do: 2-3 sessions a day, 6 says a week, 1 day rest.

I would also say that unless your 'workouts' and 'kung fu' arent too intensive or long, your probably getting enough rest. I remember you from a few months ago, are you eating better now? :D

Viper555
01-15-2003, 03:48 AM
Well I was until Christmas came along. The reason I do the bowflex is basically just for looks and the bodyweight workouts are like pushups and stuff like that.I usually only practice kung fu for about one two hours but usually no more.When ever I do that I just go through my kicks,forms,etc.

Ford Prefect
01-15-2003, 05:46 AM
That's not a problem. It's called a "double split" in weight lifting terms and isn't uncommon.

Viper555
01-15-2003, 07:56 PM
Why should I drop the straps,they seem to have made my speed increase along with my strength pretty quickly and have made my forms easier to perform......

Rolling Elbow
01-15-2003, 09:23 PM
You can't be older than 18 than! Why? because then you get work-spouse/girlfriend entering in teh equation and it just plain kills all the "in bed by 10" up by "5 am".