PDA

View Full Version : Does Iron Ox Southern Mantis Have Any relation to Pak Mei ?

FIRE HAWK
01-14-2003, 08:32 PM
Does Iron Ox Southern Mantis have any relation to Pak Mei ?

Bolt
01-15-2003, 09:07 AM
I have seen questions similar to this before and investigasted some of the histories before. To the best of my knowledge there is no relation between these styles. What one tends to find is the relationships between founders or practitioners but not the "integration" of their respective styles. This does and has occurred, but not with any of the mantis styles.

pazmoot
01-15-2003, 11:40 AM
As I train in Iron Ox and used to train in Pak Mei I can tell you from first hand experience.

Both styles are Hakka styles and in that respect have smilarities but they are very different styles and one is not derived from the other. Iron Ox was already being practiced at the turn of the 1900's in China and the history of the style dates much further back than that and has a history of over 300 years.

Giles

Diamond Talons
01-15-2003, 12:38 PM
Good answers P & you ****ed lucky to have been able to do both & one is all I have but I'm happy with it no questions it's just that it might have been fun early on to done something else too but that's okay with me & better now that I'm not such a young persons any more.