PDA

View Full Version : Does Choy li fut utilize a punch that is the equivalent of wing chun's one-inch punch?

phantom
10-02-2000, 08:19 PM
Doc Fai-Wong once claimed in Inside Kung fu magazine that choy li fut contains a punc that is equivalent to wing chun's one-inch punch. Is that true? How does it differ from the wing chun version of the technique?

shimera
10-03-2000, 01:08 AM
i know this doesn't answer your question but the one inch punch was first utilized by northern mantis not winch chung.... * i know now one said that it started in wing chung*

sorry, just had to through out some info to enlighten the masses.

vingtsunstudent
10-03-2000, 05:33 AM
i have said this before & i will say it again.
there is no actual technic called a 1 inch punch, it is short range power that is applied to any technic in ving tsun.
as to your question i am sure that you will find short range power being used by most systems at an advanced level, it really isn't anything special, it is just a skill like anything else & anyone can be taught.(although everything i have said may not be agreed with, i'm sure most would agree to have an excellent amount of short range power requires,shall we say, a little bit more than a sh#t load of training)
vts