PDA

View Full Version : Emie Fire Dragon Style Website

FIRE HAWK
01-15-2003, 08:41 PM
http://www.geocities.com/emei_tziu_tian_long2001/emeiweb.htm

Shaolin Master
01-15-2003, 09:21 PM
thanks.....

as you may know I am a practioner of the Emei SengMen division and Hulongquan is one of styles contained in our division. Always good to see information on the web. However, I cannot open the file as it is a www.geocities.com/ site and for some reason I cannot access any of them from china. ??

Is it possible to cut the info (as you often do) for me.

regards

David
01-16-2003, 04:21 AM
The Emei Huo Long School
Developped from China, Province of Sichuan in Emei (O-mei) Mountains.
Caracterized for the mixed moviments of internal and external kung fu ,(Shaolin and Wutang Systems)

History
As its name suggest the Emei School of wushu originated from the Emei Mountains ,a famous Buddhist center in Southwest China's Sichuan Province .It is sometimes listened alongside Shaolin and Wudang as one of the three major school of chinnesse Wu Shu.
But it differs from the other in style. Different stories are told about the origin of this kind of boxing.One story says that it was invented by a daugther of the last Emperator of the Ming Dynasty in collaboration with Wu tinling ,a surviving adherent of the overthrown dynasty,while another says ,that it was evolved by an old wu shu Master after observation of the fighting between two big monkey in tha Emei mountains .A third story goes that during The Qing Dynasty an eigthy years old elder of a Buddhist monastery in the Emei mountains used this kind of boxing to fight triumphant battle against suppersive Qing soldier ,following wich its name spread far and wide.
(from China Sports magazine Nr 6 June 1983)

Tecnics of the movements
While the Emei school ,wich is said to be younger than those Shaolin and Wudang,has assimilated the strong points of the two.In terms of theory,the Emei school advocatres the combination of movement and stillness and of internal and external exercises.It lays stress on both fitness building and the adquisition of practical skills for combat.It require its followers to cultive good moral qualities and use his combat skills mainly for defense.
A set of fitre Dragon Boxing consists of some 160 movements in the form of quick twist and turn of the waist and hips aided by nimble footwork.The exertion of force is based on qiqong .

Email contacts:
Please contac with us in C.E. Andrés Bello -Pueblo Libre Lima -Perú South America ,for interchange messages culture and kung fu interests.
emei20@hotmail.com
emei_tziu_tian_long2001@Yahoo.com

Also there is some lineage info there but I can hardly make it out in the graphic.
It starts with LI CHIONG LIONG - sitai gung "native grandmaster"

hongkongfooey
01-22-2003, 05:15 PM
i am hongkongfooey!!!:D

Hai_To
01-23-2003, 08:10 AM
I'm Spartacus!!

(Sorry, I couldn't resist.)