PDA

View Full Version : Protein Diet...Dangerous without Fibre

JADE ROSE
01-16-2003, 04:16 AM
If I can give one piece of advice to anyone on the protein diets is have as much fibre as you can fit in or you will regret it. I know the object is heaps of protein and minimal Carbs but trust me from experience later in life you will wish you had heeded this advice.

What happens is that you get clogged up inside living on mostly protein which cause constipation which then leads to alot of grunting and groaniong away on the bowl (sounding familiar) the extra pressure of this on your intestines can and DO cause pockets forming in the intestine which cause bowel obstructions and alot of pain causing the area around there to swell up and not let anything pass.

Results a)have some laxatives everythings fine
b) ignore it and it goes away
c) scream n pain for your mummy while every doctor probes the backdoor trying to figure out what's wrong.
d) have a huge operation lose some of your intestine and take 4 weeks to walk up straight again and 3 months to practice kung fu.

This isn't an overnight thing but with continual abuse of leaving out fibre will get you to this point. This 'Disease' is more prominant with Western cultures as of our diet unlike the East which include an abundance of rice in vegetables in their meals.

All the magazines and everyone is shouting More Protein less carbs they are just out to sell a product have your protein but please chuck in the fibre with it.

Just don't want you guys to go through the pain I went through.

Take care and eat your bran Boy!!!

inic
01-16-2003, 08:41 AM
this only occurs with COOKED meat.... eating raw meat lets you relieve yourself very freely and frequently

Cheese Dog
01-16-2003, 12:51 PM
Jade Rose, if you include alot of low carb veggies wouldn't that take care of the problem for most people? That shouldn't be enough carbs to knock you out of ketosis. At least that was what I did back when I followed the Atkins diet and Anabolic diet and it seemed to work for me.